Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

Losing power issues with CineMate 1 SR

I’ve had the CineMate 1SR for about 10 years and within the last 6 months it’s frequently lost the signal. Unable to control from the remote (no volume or power off or on. I’ve had to unplug and replug and it will work for a while  I’ve done a reset on the unit (Jan the manual by unplug the Acoustimass and the speaker and holding the reset button on the speaker. Any suggestion? The only place that will accept repairs is Bose in Toronto and they charge you before they even see the unit.

Rick

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Losing power issues with CineMate 1 SR

Hi @Frustration,

That sounds quite unusual. To confirm, your Cinemate 1SR is consistently powering off by itself? Or, is the remote no longer able to control the system properly, for function such as volume and power control?

If you're having remote issues, have you tried new batteries? If it's a power issue, have you tried plugging into a different power socket/outlet, or using a different cable, if possible?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Has the issue with your Cinemate 1SR been resolved?  I've owned my unit for about the same length of time and about two months ago started doing the exact same thing.  I can't change the volume or even power off the unit with the remote.  Resetting the unit works for a short time then it starts acting up again.  New batteries in the remote doesn't help.

I've gone back to using the tv's speakers.  I can't afford to replace the unit right now.

Highlighted

Hello, 

Thanks for joining the discussion. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your Cinemate 1SR. 

It's possible, in your case, that there is a fault with the remote, causing phantom presses. You may be able to resolve this by seeking a replacement remote from Bose support. If the problem continues after replacing the remote, please discuss your options for service with local support.

All the best,

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 5, 2020

Same issue here. Had the bar for 7 years and 2 days ago, suddenly the bar would not respond to volume commands from the remote EVEN THOUGH the remote is able to turn on/off the TV. So not a battery issue. But just to be sure, I put in new batteries: same result.

I also did an unplug/replug reset and after that I started getting the red LED on the bar signifying 'System Error'. A couple more unplug/replugs, and then no more red LED but a white LED that blinks slowly 2x or 3x and then turns off.

I then also plugged both the bar and subwoofer into different outlets and after doing so the bar refuses to power on. The outlets work as I tested them with another device that turns on without issues.

None of it makes any sense. In all the decades of owning electronics, never ever have had anything like this happen, and certainly not on a high-priced item. 

To say it is outrageous would be the understatement of the year.  And quite frankly, if customer support tells me to send the bar to Toronto and accept to pay an arm and a leg for a repair, I'll flip you the bird and never buy Bose in my lifetime again! Not only that, I will instruct all of my family to stay away from Bose products and mount an online campaign as well.  But why, do you ask?? Oh why would you do such a thing? 

BECAUSE at $1500, you **bleep** well make sure you build your electronics to last, and certainly make sure the power circuits won't randomly fail over time.  I've got Nakamichi and Sony hifi components from the 80s and they still not only turn on, but work as well!!!  So what does that tell you about Bose quality control??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Effing unbelievable.