Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

Lyfestyle 18 from europe to usa voltage issue

Hallo I moved my glorious LS18 II bought in italy in 2006 to the usa. I changed to the 120 V cable for the main unit and it switches on all right, but i guess the problem is the acoustimass that is designed for 220-240 V (made in Ireland). I have connected it with a converter Travelsmart conair, setting the voltage option of the converter as “230 to 120 vac”.  I think it does not switch on as there is no intermittent light close to the audio input where I have plugged the cable from “main” to “audio input”. The main unit is on and switches from the various sources (radio, tv and cd) but no sound. 
any idea? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

Re: Lyfestyle 18 from europe to usa voltage issue

Author Accepted Answer selected by Albengals

Hi again ,

Changing just a cable plug type won't help. You will keep on with 110 while your bass module needs 220. Have a look on a link below

https://aliexpress.ru/item/4000244627247.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.4aae7a16VVlldt&algo_pvid=438...

You can find the same items on eBay or Amazon. Just keep wattage in mind.

All the best

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

Hi Albengals,

In Italy they use 220v 50 Hz. In US 110 60 Hz. I would say, to be on a safe side you better use original power supply unit for AV Media Center DCS91  /  For your Bass Module you need to put option "120 to 220" meaning to  upscale 110 you have to 220 you used in Italy!!!!

Preferably, you better ask your local support team to change your bass module to "universal voltage" edition.

And by the way, your remote control unit uses 40Mhz RF while in US Bose uses 27Mhz. Please ask if it is allowed to use European version (40 Mhz) remote.

Take care and all the best   

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

Hi Igorvyatka

thanks a lot much appreciated, for the Bose DCS91 unit I have found on ebay an original Power Adapter Supply for Lifestyle 18, and it’s ok - at least it switches on correctly and all functions are in. Problem is the Bass Module as i cannot find any option "120 to 220" to  upscale 110. 
i have just used a regular european cable with plug converted and then directly a us cable but no luck. 
thanks a lot for taking care to answer me! All the best

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Albengals

Hi again ,

Changing just a cable plug type won't help. You will keep on with 110 while your bass module needs 220. Have a look on a link below

https://aliexpress.ru/item/4000244627247.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.4aae7a16VVlldt&algo_pvid=438...

You can find the same items on eBay or Amazon. Just keep wattage in mind.

All the best

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

Thanks Igorvyatka, this has been the tip I needed, as I was misusing the step down I had bought I thought I needed to "down" from 240 to 120 but reading your mail I realized the mistake. I have just tried and it works perfectly!! So I am now blasting family and neighbours with my CD of Aussie new wave of the 80s..thats the shortcoming. I really thank you very much for taking the time supporting me!

all the best!