Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

Maximum room size for Soundbar 500 with Bass Module 500 and wireless Surround Speakers

Will the Soundbar 500 with Bass Module 500 and wireless Surround Speakers be sufficient for a room measuring 15ft x 20 ft with vaulted ceilings?  I had the chance to purchase the 500 at really good prices.  I watch mostly TV and movies and I don't usually turn up the volume very much.  

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Maximum room size for Soundbar 500 with Bass Module 500 and wireless Surround Speakers

Hey @lwg,

I think those measurements would fit perfectly for the Soundbar 500 and the accompanying Bass Module & Surround Speakers. Have you had a sound system set up in this location before?

The system, will all components included, will produce a powerful sound with great clarify when required, if that's what you're looking for. It'll still perform as well at a lower level, and you'll notice the surround channels coming into play when you watch movies or certain TV shows. I'd love to answer any queries or questions you have regarding this system - is there anything else you were looking to find out about?

Also, to anyone in the Community who has this Soundbar 500 set up with similar room measurements, feel free to post about your experiences!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Maximum room size for Soundbar 500 with Bass Module 500 and wireless Surround Speakers

I would pay the higher price and get a Bose Soundbar 700.  I have a similiar size family room with a Bose Soundtouch 300, rear surrounds, and subwoofer.  This system is essentially the same as the Bose 700 and it works perfectly for me.  I would not want the smaller Bose.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

Spoiler
The 500 will be fine if you don't want it booming. It's no good for music which is why I sent my 500 back. 
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

Thank you, Sam--this offers me some comfort about ordering the 500.  I'll post more about how it sounds after I've set it up.  I have not had a sound system in this room before.  I just moved into a newly built house and with the trend towards openness, it's tough to set up systems.  

To the other responders, I'll try out the 500 since it's on the way to me.  One thing about this system is that I can upgrade components to the 700 if need be at a later time or even return the 500 if I don't like it.  I've had to spend a lot, moving into a new place so I'll try out with the 500.  Keeping my fingers crossed!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2020

What is the ideal size for the Bose 500 + 500 sub and 700 + 700 Sub? 

My room is ~4.6m × 4.2m. What would be the most suitable option 500 or 700. I dont want to add any surround speakers at the back - just dont have the right place for it.