Highlighted
scubadvr01
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

Mounting and placement

Bose 161 speakers. Mounting vertically. Have seen pics of this but am wondering what the result is not knowing what the wave pattern looks like on these speakers. I have them already for my front L&R (mounted horizontal) and am looking to use a pair for the rear L&R. Seen someone else had them on stands and the speakers were vertical not horizontal. Can someone clarify please. [removed by moderator]

3 REPLIES 3
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Mounting and placement

@scubadvr01 wrote:

Bose 161 speakers. Mounting vertically. Have seen pics of this but am wondering what the result is not knowing what the wave pattern looks like on these speakers. I have them already for my front L&R (mounted horizontal) and am looking to use a pair for the rear L&R. Seen someone else had them on stands and the speakers were vertical not horizontal. Can someone clarify please. [removed by moderator]

Have a look at the cross section photos of the speaker. There are two drivers. Mounting vertically puts one driver facing upwards to the ceiling. Not really the best orientation for a two driver speaker.

These speakers are designed in an articulated array fashion. 

If these speakers were designed to be mounted vertically,  I suggest the Bose badge would be adjustable (rotatable).

These speakers perform best mounted horizontally.

scubadvr01
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

Thanks much. Would like to see a pic or video of speakers design or apart but couldn't find one. 

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@scubadvr01 wrote:

Thanks much. Would like to see a pic or video of speakers design or apart but couldn't find one. 

Google search>images: bose 161