Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Muffled sound with Lifestyle 18 speakers

I have had my Lifestyle 18 System for about 15 years.  It has been working well.

All of a sudden, last night my front and rear left speaker stop working.  I am getting sound from the other speakers.  Voices are coming through the woofer but are very muffled.

I unplugged both the woofer and the system.  I have also plugged and unplugged all of the cables, to insure that they are firm.  

I have no clue what else to do.  Unfortunately, Bose is now closed due to the Covid situation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Muffled sound with Lifestyle 18 speakers

Hello kwk85,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your system.

Can you please confirm: 

- What are you watching/listening to?

- Does the problem occur across multiple sources? (e.g radio, DVD player, TV

If you haven't already, please be sure to check for any corrosion/damage on all cables including the audio input cable (the cable that runs from the console to the bass module.) 

The speakers connect to the bass module via RCA type connectors. You can try the speakers from the rear in the front connection to see if the audio is still muffled. If the speakers sound fine when connected, then it is an issue with the front speakers. 

If the connected speakers sound muffled, then it's either a problem with the bass module, the audio input cable, or the console. I would recommend replacing the audio input cable by getting in touch with local support. If this fails to resolve the issue, the next recommendation would be to book the bass module in for a repair. 

Details for local support can be found here.

Be sure to let me know how you get on! 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!