Highlighted
ecbaker209
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

Music App Will Not Add TV

Under the Universal Remote section in the app, I am trying to add my TV. After I type in my TV brand, I am unable to continue. The continue button will click, nothing happens. It is not grayed out. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Music App Will Not Add TV

Hello ecbaker209, 

Thanks for reaching out and for posting in the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you are having this issue and would love to assist. 

To start with please can I confirm a few things: 

• Which system do you have?
  • Are you using the remote that came with your system?
  • What is the make and model of your TV? 

I look forward to hearing back fro you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

ecbaker209
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

Hello,

I have a Bose 700 Soundbar with the Base Module and rear speakers. I have a 2019 Vizio E Series TV.

I had this working before, had issues and had to reset to factory settings. On setup I was unable to add my TV on the Bose Music app, not able to add it after the setup aswell. I only use the Bose remote to switch from music to the TV mode. Anything else I use Alexa.

Hey ecbaker209, 

Thank you for posting and updating us on this! 

When you performed the reset did you remove the system from the Bose Music App? Let's try deleting the Bose Music App and trying to add the TV again. We should also try to reset the TV by disconnecting it from power for a few minutes to ensure that it hasn't remembered any previous settings. 

If you have another device that you can use to attempt to perform this set up on that would also be very helpful.  

I look forward to hearing back from you and if any other users have had and resolved a similar issue please do let us know below. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B