Highlighted
maljudy17
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 3, 2017

Music app

All of a sudden my app will not find my soundbar 500 I have tried deleted the app and re installed it to no effect.i am fed  up and returning  all my equipment back to the dealership and will NEVER  buy another BOSE product

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Music app

Hello maljudy17,

We're sorry to hear that you are having this problem and are looking to return your products.

Have you checked for any updates on the Soundbar? You can manually update it using the instructions here: Manually updating your Soundbar

I'd also recommend resetting your Soundbar by following these steps:

1. Turn the soundbar off
  2. Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  3. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
  5. Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

Then I would remove the Soundbar from your app and try adding the Soundbar again.

Let me know how this goes and if you would like any further assistance.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
maljudy17
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 3, 2017

Thanks for your reply However I have tried all your suggestions I have powered off the soundbar reloaded the app and it will not connect.

It was fine untill the app downloaded and just want to listen to my music not spend all my time trying to fix problems. could you please advise the best way to return the unit and surround speakers owing to my age I find it to heavy to take back to dealer

malcolm

Highlighted

Hi Malcolm, 

I'm sorry to hear of your continued issues with discovery in the Bose Music Application. 

My recommendation would be to factory reset it by pressing and holding the power and skip forward buttons for 10 seconds. Once completed, remove the SoundBar 500 from the app by clicking on the person icon in the top right then go to Manage Products> Edit > Delete. 

If you still wish to return your product, you will need to contact your point of sale. 

I hope this helps, have a great day! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.