Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 26, 2020

Music library on android

Hi, I have just bought a lifestyle 650 and it is great.

I do have one problem though.

When I upgraded from my old lifestyle 38 I put all my music onto an android tablet.

I can stream the music via blue tooth to my system and use the Samsung music app to select tracks ECT. I would like to use sound touch to control the music as I am about to buy an add on sound touch speaker and would like to have one source play in multiple locations. Is there a way of adding a music library service on android or is there plans to do a app update in the future

Regards

Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 26, 2020

Re: Music library on android

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jon1

Many Thanks for the advice Keith,

I will be buying a sound touch speaker next month and will try to follow the instructions.

If I have a problem I will come back for further direction.

Many thanks again

Regards

Jon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Hi Jon1,

I'm glad to hear you are having a great time with your new Lifestyle 650!

You absolutely can use your music library on your tablet to stream to multiple SoundTouch speakers at the same time. However, you wouldn't do this by adding the library to the app, as that is not currently supported. How you would get this working is basically the same as what you are doing now with a couple of extra steps.

SoundTouch speakers, like your Lifestyle, are able to rebroadcast a Bluetooth signal to other SoundTouch speakers on your Wi-Fi network. What you would do to get this playing to your other SoundTouch speakers, would be to start by playing the music to your Lifestyle via Bluetooth as you do currently. Once this is playing, using the SoundTouch app you can add other speakers to it as a group. When the speakers are grouped, they will receive the audio playing from your Lifestyle over the Wi-Fi network and play this in sync with your Lifestyle!

You can find more information on grouping speakers for Bluetooth audio HERE.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 26, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jon1

Many Thanks for the advice Keith,

I will be buying a sound touch speaker next month and will try to follow the instructions.

If I have a problem I will come back for further direction.

Many thanks again

Regards

Jon

View solution in original post