Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 15, 2020

My Lifestyle 650 base is not working.

I bought the Lifestyle 650 a while back.  And while the warranty was over my main system won't work anymore.  So i took back to the repair center and got it fix.  They were very nice to fix it for free even though the warranty was over.  Now the base speaker won't work anymore.  I never touches it as it was sitting in the corner happily as usual.  Few days ago it stop working.  

If it was other brand i will aspect this kind of stuff to happen.  I don't know why the quality of this system was so bad that each part just start failing one by one after the warranty period.  

If anyone can help me as to why the base system just stop working that would be great.  I check the power cord and is fine.  But the speaker itself seem to not getting power.  Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: My Lifestyle 650 base is not working.

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hi starmax,

Thank you for the extra information and for trying that troubleshooting.

It does sound like you would be correct and there is something wrong with the bass module itself that is stopping it powering on. At this point, I would recommend reaching back out to the service center near you for further assistance with this.  You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let us know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hi @starmax,

I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you've experienced but I want to help you here.

You've mentioned that you took part of your system to a repair center - was this just the control console, or was anything else dealt with?

Also, was this a certified Bose repair center? Whereabouts are you located?

In regards to the Bass Module, have you tried plugging it into a different power socket somewhere else in your home? You may find a different outcome.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 15, 2020

Hi, sorry for my late reply, yes I took the console to Bose repair center.  I have tried plugging it into a differnt socket as well as check if the power cord is working or not by using the cord on other devices.  The cord is fine as well as the power socket.  So now it comes down to the woofer speaker.  There isn't any light on while the woofer is plugin.  So I think something wrong with it, and I having touch it since day one when i place it at he safe location. =(

Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hi starmax,

Thank you for the extra information and for trying that troubleshooting.

It does sound like you would be correct and there is something wrong with the bass module itself that is stopping it powering on. At this point, I would recommend reaching back out to the service center near you for further assistance with this.  You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let us know how you get on.

View solution in original post