hxy118
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2021

My lifestyle 650 Omni Jewel came apart

Just found one of my Omni Jewel speakers fall from the ceiling this morning, with a closer inspection I found that the plastic piece on the bottom of the speaker came loose.

20210610213658.jpg

It is just glued on 😲, checked others which are still hanging on the ceiling all show signs of adhesive coming loose. Any of you experiencing this?    Just have of system for little over two years.....

How to deal this this?

Bose product name

Life Style 650

Country

USA

5 REPLIES 5
Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: My lifestyle 650 Omni Jewel came apart

Warranty does not cover damage.  Just glue it back on.  In addition, I think the warranty is for one year, not two years.

keef82
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 17, 2015

This is a serious issue and should be investigated by BOSE.

There was a recall on some of their pro speakers that would "fall" from the ceiling - this is the same and shouldn't happen, I would hope Bose reply to this ....

Have you had any luck as yet ?

hxy118
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2021

Agree this issue should be addressed by Bose. This is simply bad design, how could entire speaker just be supported by EVA glue? 20 dollar speaker wouldn’t do this. 
I have glued it back on hopefully did a better job than Bose…. Lol

hxy118
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2021

It is easy to glue it back on, I just don’t think the top of line product should have this kind of issue. So sad….

Liam_G

Hello Hxy118 and thank you for reaching out! 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with one of your Omni Jewel speakers. 

For the best assistance for this, I highly recommend that you contact your local support team for further help. 
You can find contact details for your local support team here.

Select your country of residence and scroll down to "Contact us" to view all the contact information.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!