igotek
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Need Advise av for Bose Acoustimass 10 Series V ?

I want to connect via BT and listen music. I will also use it for movies. My TV has dolboy atmos and 4k feature. My speakers are just new. And i need to buy av recevier. Could you advise me ?

Yamaha RX-V685 or Sony STR-DH790 or better one ?

My room is 31m2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Need Advise av for Bose Acoustimass 10 Series V ?

Author Accepted Answer selected by igotek

That receiver appears to be a 7.2.2 capable receiver.  So, in addition to the 2 subwoofer outs, it has speaker outs for 9 speakers.  With that receiver, you could do a 7.1.2 or 7.2.2 Dolby Atmos setup.  You would use one Bose Acoustimass 10 for 5 speakers and the other Bose Acoustimass 10 for 4 speakers.  For instance, one Bose system could be front left, center, and right plus rear left and right.  The other Bose system could be surround left and right plus overhead left and right.

If you only want 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos, you might find a used Bose Acoustimass 5 on eBay.  Use your Bose Acoustimass 10 for front left, center, and right plus rear left and right.  Use the Bose Acoustimass 5 for overhead left and right.

I assume you know this, but all Bose cubes, single or double, must be wired to a Bose Acoustimass module.  From the Bose Acoustimass module, you would run wires to the appropriate receiver speaker outputs.  No Bose cubes can be wired directly to a receiver.

As far as which speakers will play music, I guess this depends on the capability of your receiver.  I suspect it will allow you to choose to send music out all speakers or only front left and right for a stereo mix.

In the days before Dolby Atmos, I did a killer Dolby Digital 5.1 system using a Bose Acoustimass 7 for the 3 front speakers and a Bose Acoustimass 5 for the 2 rear speakers.  I had a Klipsch subwoofer and used an Onkyo receiver.  It worked great and sounded great.  Sometime in the future, I may get rid of my current Bose Soundtouch 300 and do exactly what you are doing for a Dolby Atmos system.

24 REPLIES 24
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Bose is not going to endorse one receiver brand vs another.  Do your homework and buy the receiver that has the features and capability you want.

The Bose Acoustimass 10 includes 5 speakers plus Acoustimass module, so it will not support more than 5.1 surround sound.  If you want Dolby Atmos, you will need a different speaker system or will need to add an additional speaker system.  For instance, with two Bose Acoustimass 10 systems and a 7.1.2 receiver, you could do Dolby Atmos.

Hello Igotek, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

To be compatible with this system your receiver would need to be between 10-200 W per channel, 4-8 ohms. 

I would ask the community if anyone has any experience with either of these receivers we would love to hear your opinions. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

igotek
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Which receiver you advise me ?

Actually i m really confused. I want to use my brand-new spekears with a really suitable and good receiver.

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Again, Bose is not going to advise you to purchase one brand over another.  That is something they don't do.

Hi Igotek, 

Can I please confirm that it is the Bose Acoustimass 10 Series V that you have? With 4 direct/reflecting series II speakers? 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Read the title of this thread.

igotek
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Yes I have Bose Acoustimass 10 Series V. Check this link. I received it a few hours ago.

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/home_theater/acoustimass-10-speaker-system.html#v=am10_...

I have Bose Companion 3 on my computer for 4 years. And I love it.

Now I have bought home theatre speakers but I need a good receiver.

I couldnt buy lifstyle system (550,600,650) because they are so expensive. And I dint want to buy older models.

Bose Acoustimass 10 Series V feels like a good system for me.

My TV is the one of the latest models of Samsung (82Q70R) So I want to use dolboy atmos and 4k feature well and bluetoth connection for listening to music.

I want to hear the sounds in my new setup as Companion 3

I have a Pioneer receiver 5.1 home theatre system but i dont like it so much. Its sounds are not so good for me.

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

As I said, you cannot do Dolby Atmos with only 5 speakers.  With the single Bose Acoustimass 10, you can do Dolby Digital 5.1.  That includes front left, center, and right plus rear surround left and right plus the subwoofer channel.  To do Dolby Atmos you would need at least 7 speakers for front left, center, and right plus rear surround left and right plus overhead left and right.  To do Dolby Atmos you would need an Atmos sound system, or you could add a second Bose speaker system for the overhead speakers.

That said, I would purchase a good receiver with the capabilities you need now and/or in the future.  If you think you might upgrade your speaker system for Dolby Atmos or add an additional speaker system to what you already have, get a receiver that does at least Dolby Atmos 5.1.2 or 7.1.2.  If you really want to go all out in the future get a Dolby Atmos receiver that will do 7.1.2 or 7.1.4 or 7.2.4.  If you only want to use your current Bose Acoustimass 10, you can't do Dolby Atmos and don't need a Dolby Atmos receiver.  All you need is a Dolby Digital 5.1 receiver which you already have.

The fact that your TV is 4K is not an issue. Send your audio out from your TV to your receiver to your Bose Acoustimass 10.

igotek
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Thanks for the advise for the receiver. I will choose one of the latest models of the receivers. I think i will use my new setup for the next 5 years. Dolby Atmos, DTS X, Listening to music via Bluetooth, using Spotify over WIFI. I think Yamaha RX-V685 is enough for me.

Yamaha RX-V685 has 7.2 channels. I want to use my brand-new Bose Acoustimass 10 Seri V and Dolby Atmos. Well, I have to buy 2 more speakers for Dolby Atmos.

Is Only two speakers enoguh ? Or Should I buy 2 speakers + subwoofer ? Do you advise me any Bose speakers ? Or should I buy another brand ?