DangerousDan
Participant
Registered since

Sep 26, 2020

Need tech advise - LIFESTYLE 25

Yesterday Lifestyle 25 worked perfect. Today only sound from left front speaker. Control head seems OK, lights up, can change stations & inputs, good stereo sound in headphones. Problem in power amps section ??? Where can I get a service manual? Suggestions? I have not opened up the PA module yet.

5 REPLIES 5
Jessie_O

Re: Need tech advise - LIFESTYLE 25

Hey DangerousDan,

Thank you for your post and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing with your Lifestyle 25 system and the audio. I'll be more than happy to help you! 

I do not recommend opening the module. I would recommend starting simple and checking all the connections. I have included a LINK HERE to the manual to assist you with making sure all the connections are in the correct place. 

If this is all correct and you are still experiencing the same issues, I would recommend trying the other satellite speakers in place of the one that is correctly producing audio. This should help us to determine if it is the speakers causing the issue. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
DangerousDan
Participant
Registered since

Sep 26, 2020

Do you know where I can obtain schematic for the Lifestyle 25 powered speaker system? Specifically I need the power amp. Also, is there a tech at Bose that I can call and speak to regarding repair?

Dan

Jessie_O

Hey Dan, 

Thank you for coming back to me! 

Whilst we are unable to provide a schematic, I will be happy to point you in the direction of the service team to discuss the issue further. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
DangerousDan
Participant
Registered since

Sep 26, 2020

Initially, I did contact Bose service and got no where because this unit is no longer sold and they would not send me any documentation implying that they did not provide them to the consuming public because they were not smart enough to read them. I have the Service Manual PN 194382 Rev 1 and Trouble Shooting Guide PN 199401-TG1 but these do not match perfectly with the unit I own. These are for the AM-25/30P II. Therefore I must have the "Series I" (series one) and not the II. I need a schematic of the power amp and DSP board (within the Digital Bass Module. Can you help me? The answers I am getting seem to be "boiler plate" so I really need to talk with a technician. Can you put that together? Regards, Dan

Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Personally, I would sell the working components on eBay and purchase a new system.  If you aren't interested in doing that, why not purchase a used replacement component on eBay?  Looks like they have listings for almost anything you might need.  There is no way Bose is going to be part of you doing a repair yourself.  That would open up a huge can of potential liability issues.