Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

New remote won’t sync with bose av35 control console.

my bose remote model 420129 doesnt control the volume on my bose av35 control console. We have tried the following steps, the end result is the same. The remote controls everything but the volume.

please help... I hope we didn't buy the wrong remote...

To pair the remote control with the console, follow these steps:

1.on the console, press the power button to turn the system on

2.Hold the remote near the control console on the remote, press and hold ok, and at the same time press and hold mute on the console. hold both for five seconds. the power light on the console will blink when pairing is complete

3. Release the buttons

4. Press any remote button and verify that the power light on the control console blinks with each button press

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: New remote won’t sync with console

Author Accepted Answer selected by Familyofsix

This sounds like it's a remote for the Lifestyle 600 which would not be compatible with your AV35 system. 

Please call local support to book a return and to purchase the correct remote (noted below.) 

Remote - RC-X35L

Part Number 354079-0050

Thanks! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hello Familyofsix, 

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues pairing the remote to your system. 

Can you please confirm: 

- 10 digit model number

- Your country of residence

- Was the remote purchased from a reputable source? Where was it purchased? 

I'll look forward to your reply.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

Thank you for your response.

My country of residence is the USA , the remote was purchased from Bose website on Jul 2  and shipped from AZ.  

The model number is 3232A-420129

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Familyofsix

This sounds like it's a remote for the Lifestyle 600 which would not be compatible with your AV35 system. 

Please call local support to book a return and to purchase the correct remote (noted below.) 

Remote - RC-X35L

Part Number 354079-0050

Thanks! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

Thank I figured so.

have a good one.