Pateick
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Nightmare Soundbar 700

I’m a long time Bose junky and have just about every product they sell. My neighbour got the Sonos sound system and tried to talk me around to switching. I didn’t and got the soundbar 700. Trust me, it’s a lemon. Do not buy this product. I’m running it back to the store and after years with Bose, I’m finally changing brands. All because of the endless issues with the Soundbar 700 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AB007
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

Re: Nightmare Soundbar 700

Author Accepted Answer selected by Pateick

what kinda issues are you facing? 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
AB007
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by Pateick

what kinda issues are you facing? 

View solution in original post

Pateick
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Alexa stopped after week one. Soundbar stopped working and the app won’t event detect the device in the room. 

even tried a factory reset. But remote not working to the device either

Im in NZ and plan to take it back to Noel Leeming when look down is over 

Keith_L

Hi Pateick,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear you have been having these problems with your soundbar and I would be happy to help you get it running correctly! 

I understand the frustration with what you have encountered already, but from how you are describing this it does sound like your network settings would be affecting the communication with Alexa and the Bose Music app. I'll post a list of recommended settings below that you can go through yourself, or if you would like a hand with it you can reach out to your local support team HERE and they can assist as well.

Before looking at these settings, I would always recommend power cycling your soundbar first to get it back working. To do so, simply power off the soundbar and the TV, disconnect the soundbar from power for at least 30 seconds, then plug it back in and allow it to reboot. Once the white light on the front stops blinking, test it again!

Once you have the soundbar back on the app, the remote can easily be re-paired by following THESE steps, if you need to!

Let me know how you get on with this!

Recommended router settings.

UPnP - Enable

Multicast - Enable

IGMP - Enable

Wireless Isolation - Disable

IGMP Proxy - Disable

Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode - Mixed or B/G/N

Stealth mode - Disable

MAC Filtering/Access Control - Disable, or add the SoundTouch™ system’s MAC address to the allowed devices list

WPS - Disable

Wireless channel - Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended.

Security type WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption.

WMM – Disable.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Pateick
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Thanks for the advice, however it still does not work and now has amber lights flashing and the bose app cannot even find the device.

I will return it to the Bose retailer that I purchased it from, once the lock down in NZ has been lifted 

Pateick
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

The amber light is flashing 4 times. Your site said to refer to the Bose music app. I did that but cant find a mention of it.

For the money I have spent on this system, it really is not fit fur purpose. Unfortunately I will request a refund from the retailer. To date I have loved Bose products but the soundbar is riddled with issues if you follow the Bose Community Forums. 

I will need to wait until the lock-down has past in NZ, therefore I hope they take the time into consideration, with the warranty cover 

Pateick
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Thanks for this, however all I have is the soundbar flashing orange around 4 times then nothing 

minhtuanmai@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2020

I’m having the same issue...please help.

harsh.talikoti
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2020

I agree with you that the Bose standards have gone down over the years! I faced a issue with my ST500. The tempered glass top on ST500 is not durable. If there is a factory defect, it can shatter and break into tiny pieces of glass on its own. Just like what happened to mine and looks like few others have also faced the issue with the glass top on soundbar. Avoid the product. 

mcgolis
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 28, 2020

I agree. I have spent so much money and time dealing with the soundbar, it costs so much, the trouble shooting never stops, and the sound isn't even that good. I spent 30 mins with a rep on the phone who told me I needed an optical connection, even though until today, my HDMI worked well. It is such a waste of money, I absolutely hate it. I wish I would have seen this before I sank so much money into their garbage....errr