Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 2, 2020

No Picture When Powering On

Most times when I am powering on my Lifestyle 525 II system, the audio will come on but the video doesn’t. A message appears briefly on the screen that says “An incompatible video signal has been received. Check the output device settings”. I’ve tried resetting the system and changing hdmi cords. I am thinking the switching power supply pack might be the problem, but I’m not sure. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: No Picture When Powering On

Hey @Dcumo42,

That sounds quite odd! I'm glad to hear you've taken initiative and tried some troubleshooting already. I would've recommended resetting your system as well as replacing the video cables. Have you tried resetting your TV?

Also, have you ever seen this error show up before with the same TV or a different TV?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 2, 2020

I did reset the Bose system several times and I have changed the cables. This problem occurs regardless of the input device (ie. tv, dvd, firestick etc). The tv powers on and off just fine every time. I can’t think of it being anything else other then the power pack. 

Highlighted
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

You could try wiring it differently to see it that will work.  Connect all your other devices directly to your TV using HDMI and then connect just your TV to the Bose using HDMI ARC or Optical or whatever type connection they have in common.  In other words, just use the Bose as a sound system only with no video passing through it.