Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 25, 2020

No Volume levels - TV Speaker

Hi,

I have connected my new TV speaker to my Samsung TV (TU8000) via the HDMI ARC sockets.  The Samsung can control the volume however when changing the volume I get no indication of the sound level, just a plus and minus is displayed on the screen.  Is this correct?

Also how are you supposed to know what level the bass is on, changing that doesn't display anything on the TV at all?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: No Volume levels - TV Speaker

Hi Andeyww,

Welcome to the community, I would love to do what I can to help. 

Is this the Bose TV speaker you own? Please take a look at this link to identify your soundbar model. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 25, 2020

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming that andyww!

With the HDMI-ARC connection, it will depend on the TV being used whether the volume level shows on the screen when you change the volume. The TV and soundbar can send each other a signal to change the volume, what the TV displays will be decided by the TV. I know my Samsung TV with my soundbar also shows just a + or - when I change the volume, rather than a number for the level.

With changing the bass level, no information is sent to the TV as this is only controlling a setting on the soundbar. As such you won't see any display on the TV to tell you what level the bass is at. When adjusting the bass, I wouldn't worry about what 'level' it is at, just increase or decrease the level until you have the sound you want and enjoy!

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!