Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 23, 2019

No sound from Lifestyle 38

My lifestyle system suddenly stopped working.

I tried steps as mentioned in the link below:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Home-Theater-Speakers-Archive/No-sound-from-Lifestyle-38/m-p/69269#M31...

Still no sound.

Can you please help with what I need to do next to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

Hari

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: No sound from Lifestyle 38

Hi @hairpopuri!

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community.

I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing an audio issue with your Lifestyle 38 system - we'll certainly look into what's causing this. I appreciate the time taken to try the steps provided in the similar forum post you've linked, and I apologise this did not provide a positive outcome.

Firstly, you mention not getting any sound from your system. Is the system still powering on? Are you seeing anything on the main console display?

Let us know and I'll be able to guide with troubleshooting from there.

Warm regards,

Sam_F

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 23, 2019

Hi Sam,

Yes, the main console is powering on and I have some stored music and trying to play to test sound before testing TV sound. I see "Track 1" playing display on the main console, but no sound from speakers.

I also tried power cycles on the Acoustimass module. Unplugged power cable, waited for couple minutes and connected again.

What other troubleshooting I can try?

Thanks

Hari

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 23, 2019

Just to make sure the cable connection as I read one of the question in another forum. The audio cable connected to the "Main" (not Link), behind the main console.

Highlighted

Hi @haripopuri,

Thank you for updating me on the situation. The way you have the Acoustimass Module connected is good - the "Main" is the port to be used in your situation.

In regards to the cable that connects from the "Main" connection port to the "Audio Input" connection on the Acoustimass module, have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting this cable to make sure it is securely connected?

Also, I'd like to ask you to inspect the cable to see if there may be any damage at either end of the cable or any twisting/bending to the cable itself. Any damage you find here may be the cause of the audio issue.

Warm regards,

Sam F

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 23, 2019

I disconnected the "Audio" cable from both the console and Acoustimass module and waited for a few mins and connected again. Also checked cable and look fine, no twisting/bending.

The system was working fine a couple of weeks back and we didn't touch any of the cables lately. I connected to my TV using Optical cable and have been using it for quite some time.

Is there any power indicator on the Acoustimass module to check if the power cable/system is on? I switched cable to a different outlet and verified the wall outlet is working fine.

Thank you

Hari

Highlighted

Hi @haripopuri,

Thank you for trying those steps I listed in the previous post - I'm sorry to hear that the audio is still not working as of yet.

There are two LEDs on the Acoustimass module, near to where you connect the audio cable. These will give an indication of the status of the module, which will help determine whether or not that is working.

I'll post an image below of where to look on the module - check this out then let me know if either the green or orange LED is lighting up when plugged into power.

LS38LED.jpg

Warm regards,

Sam F

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 23, 2019

This picture looks little different than what I have.

My Acoustimass do not have any LED on the back.

custAMSN.jpg

Highlighted

Thank you for providing me with that image @haripouri.

I've just had another look into your system with that new information, but unfortunately, it seems there is not an LED to indicate power for your Acoustimass module unit. As this is the case, it is quite difficult to determine if the Acoustimass module is having an issue powering on. 

By chance, have you been able to try a different power cable with the Acoustimass module? This could be the root of the issue you're experiencing. 

Warm regards,

Sam F

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 23, 2019

I don't have other power cable to match this type.