Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gsgahir
Participant
Registered since

Jan 1, 2021

Not in warranty

So, i buy bose soundbar 500 and bass module 500. It is refurbished by bose and i buy it from bose.ca. On their website it shows all refurbished products comes with 1 year warranty and 90 days trial period. But after buying soundbar 500 when iwas checking my products at bose website. It shows not in warranty. And they don't give any email to contact them. So, i want to know why its not in warranty. 

1 REPLY 1
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Not in warranty

They will be in warranty and that warranty date will go off whatever date your receipt/proof of purchase says.  If you have any warranty issues, call up the service line and book your service through there instead of the website.

The website checker goes off the serial number which gives them a date of manufacture.  So if it's saying out of warranty, then the Date of manufacture is past the 12 month period.  From what I understand because date is built into the serial number itself they don't track when something is refurbished (and they certainly can't see when it was sold).  It is just the same as if a Bose Soundbar was sitting in a best buy store for a year before being sold.  How can they tell when it was sold?