Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Original Bose CineMate

I have the Original Bose Cinemate System and it did not come with any connections on the box other than RCA Jacks. My new 65 inch Series 8 Samsung doesn't even have RCA Jacks on the back anymore, only HDMI and optical.

How can I use my Cinemate system on the new TV?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Original Bose CineMate

Hello RH918, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

If you wish to look into using your CineMate with your new TV, you will need to look into third party adaptors in order for this to function. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Can you please tell me what the necessary adapter is called?

Thanks

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 22, 2020

I also have an original. I don't know if it works because I don't have the remote (anyone got the code so I can program a universal?). The system looks to be in great shape so I'm guessing the adapter setup that it came with will work for you. 

It's a fiber optic interconnect from the TV's digital audio output (optical) to the Toslink input of a DAC (Digital Analog Converter). The output of the DAC has the left and right RCA connectors that you wire into the TV Audio inputs of the CineMate Interface Module. 

The DAC I've got is a "Binary B-220-DAC". It's not expensive and also has a coax audio input. 

Binary B-220-DAC