Jjbgames
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

Outdoor speakers on another source

I have the lifestyle 35 and a soundlink adapter connected.  I want to play the soundlink on the outdoor speakers (connected via the amp) while watching tv inside.   On the outdoor remote control it only plays when I have audio 1 and 2 on soundlink.  When I change audio 1 to be any other source there is no music outside.  What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Jjbgames
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

Re: Outdoor speakers on another source

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jjbgames

I solved this.  I hooked up the Soundtouch Wireless Adapter to the AUX on the SA-3 via 3.5 to RCA.  The SA-3 is still connected to the LIfestyle by Soundlink.  Now, I can watch TV in the living room while the outside speakers play Spotify.  On the Secondary Remote I chose Local and it comes up and controls the volume.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Hi @Jjbgames,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I apologize for any trouble you've encountered setting up your outdoor speakers and home system - I'd love to assist.

Would you be able to specify the 'soundlink adapter' you own, as well as the 'amp' being used? That'd be a great help in helping us find the most appropriate troubleshooting for you. Could you also clarify what system's remote you're currently using when attempting to switch sources? 

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Jjbgames
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

I just checked all the specs.  I have a lifestyle v25 and an SA-3 amp powering outdoor speakers.  For the outdoor speakers I use the Personal Music Center III remote control.  I have a bose soundtouch wireless link adapter connected to an optical input.  I want to be able to watch TV inside the house on the lifestyle speakers while listening to spotify on the soundtouch adapter on the outside speakers.

Highlighted

Hi @Jjbgames,

Thank you for confirming the systems that you have in your set up.

To confirm, do you have the Wireless Link adapter connected to the Lifestyle v25? If so, you may have trouble playing two different sources at once (TV & SoundTouch audio). Do you have the SA-3 and Lifestyle v25 connected directly to each other?

Warm regards,

Sam F

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Jjbgames
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

The SA-3 is attached via the Boselink.  The Soundtouch adapter is attached to the V25 via optical.  The other attachment I have attached to the boselink is the ipod cradle with the old 32(?) pin connection.  Can the Soundtouch be connected to boselink?  

Highlighted

Hi @Jjbgames,

I appreciate you clarifying the system configuration.

The SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter cannot be connected to BoseLink and would suitably need to stay connected to the optical port on the Lifestyle V25. In regards to playing both TV and SoundTouch audio at the same time, this may not be possible.

The reason for this will be due to the fact your STWLA is connected to the Lifestyle V25 system, which also connects directly to the TV. Therefore, the system will have to either choose to output the TV audio or SoundTouch audio and could not bypass this to just play through the connected SA-3 Amplifier. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Have you ever been able to get two different sources of audio playing on your system at one time before?

Warm regards,

Sam F

Highlighted
Jjbgames
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jjbgames

I solved this.  I hooked up the Soundtouch Wireless Adapter to the AUX on the SA-3 via 3.5 to RCA.  The SA-3 is still connected to the LIfestyle by Soundlink.  Now, I can watch TV in the living room while the outside speakers play Spotify.  On the Secondary Remote I chose Local and it comes up and controls the volume.

View solution in original post