okblah
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2020

Pairing 1 SR with Samsung QN55 remote

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Cinemate 1 SR

Country

USA

Firmware Version

?

App Version

?

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on
Samsung QN55 TV

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I have the soundbar attached to the TV with an optical cable. Using the stanard setup process for adding a new device to the TV, it allows me to control the soundbar volume but not the power.

What environment do you experience the issue in? 

Normal

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

No

Any troubleshooting steps you took

I have tried forgetting the soundbar and adding it again many times. The setup process does a power test, asking if the soundbar turns on or off. The soundbar does turn on during the setup, but not in normal operation.

2 REPLIES 2
rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Pairing 1 SR with Samsung QN55 remote

@okblah  Try searching for another code in the setup. Sometimes the first code doesn’t have full functionality.

okblah
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2020

Re: Pairing 1 SR with Samsung QN55 remote

Yep, I tried the 1st 4 or 5  codes. The 1st one doesn't control the power at all. The next 3 display the behavior I described. The TV gives an option to search for the model number - I tried 1 SR and another longer number on the base of the bar. Neither one of those were an option.