Highlighted
Ruppert
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 7, 2019

Paring issues SoundTouch 300 and Bass 700

Hi,

Does anybody have issues with SoundTouch 300 bar and Subwoofer connection after last May software update?

I had all working fine with the Bar 300, invisible speakers and bass 700. After the software update I run the procedure to connect, it tries for while but does not connect at all.

Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
efelipeli
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 7, 2019

Sound touch 300 bar pairing problems with bass 700 and invisible speakers

Hello,

I had my SoundTouch 300 bar working perfectly with bass 700 and invisible speakers 300.

Then, I received an updated (May 2019) of all Bose equipments I have (SoundTouch 10, 20, 30, 300, and I suppose bass and invisible speakers) through the Bose app.

After that, the SoundTouch just does not pair with the bass 700 and the invisible speakers anymore, not matter how many times I try using the remote control and remove/ reconnect from power. Kind of frustrating that after these updates I have to spend so much time to make things work again, including the connection between the SoundTouch 300 bar and Samsung Smart TV.

I can make the bass 700 work using cable, but the invisible speakers are silent.

I would appreciate any support before I trash these whole equipment out patience and replace all of them by Sonos.

Thanks,

Eduardo

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Paring issues SoundTouch 300 and Bass 700

Try unplugging your soundbar power cable and HDMI cable from the soundbar for a minute or two.  Then plug back in the HDMI and power cable and see if that fixes your problem.

I just did an update and had to do just that.

Hello Ruppert,

Welcome to the community, Thank you very much for your message. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this connectivity issue with your Soundbar 300 and Bass Module 700. 

I agree that you firstly suggest with resetting your soundbar similarly to what @Xyz987 has suggested. 

• Turn the soundbar off
  • Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

You can also reboot your Bass Module via the following instruction. 

• Unplug the bass module power cord from the power outlet.
  • Wait 30 seconds.
  • Reconnect the bass module power cord.
  • Wait 15 seconds for the bass module to power up and reconnect.

Please let us know if this provides any improvements for you, we would love to get this resolved! 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Ruppert
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 7, 2019

Tried already all the basics. Power down, wait a minute, connect again. Factory reset, remove HDMI. It does not work.

First time I connected the bass 700 and the invisible speakers whit the Soundtouch 300 it was pretty easy. Are you sure nothing changed with the SW update?

By own experience Bose is the best with hardware and sound quality, but unfortunately not that good with SW and interfaces.

Is there a way to update all the 3 with versions (ST300, Bass 700 and invisible speakers) proof that work together?

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I did the software update last night and my Soundtouch 300 would not connect.  I turned off the Soundtouch, then I unplugged the power cable and HDMI cable from the back of the soundbar.  Then, I waited a few minutes and plugged back in the HDMI, then the power cable.  When I turned the Bose back on, it took a minute or two to reconnect to my router, then the bass and rear speaker.  All was then good.

Ruppert
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 7, 2019

Thanks jimgfitz.
I tried the sequence you suggested some times. It did not work for me although I understand the approach.
I tried also factory resets, turn off routers, lights, put the sound bars and the speakers side by side, disconnect everything and let just power cord connected to the soundbar and the speakers, I tried even with lights down in the dark. I switch on and off all the options in the app. I lost a beautiful afternoon of sun outside in my man cave trying to make work something that was working before and Bose forced an update. Now it does not work and do not hear many suggestions from Bose to make it right.
I was able to make the bass 700 work with the 3.5mm cable, but not with wireless, surround speakers no solution.
My assumption is that somehow with the update the identification of my soundtouch 300 changed, the bass 700 and surrounding speakers were connected with that “different” Soundtouch and now they do not pair anymore with this one. I would need a way to clean up all the 3 to factory initial status.
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I assume you also unplugged the surround speakers and bass module from the power source and left them unplugged for a while.

Ruppert
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 7, 2019

Yes. So many times that I afraid I reduced the lifetime of the components.
Thanks for your suggestions. Really appreciated

Hi Ruppert,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues connecting the bass module to the SoundTouch 300. 

If possible, can you please try unplugging the speaker and bass module for 5+ minutes, no less.

Then, plug everything back in and allow the speaker to reconnect to the network. 

If the bass module still doesn't connect, please ensure the soundbar is on, then press the SoundTouch button, then press and hold 7 until the connectivity indicator blinks. 

This should hopefully re-connect the module to the soundbar. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G