SKNOC
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

Performance with bass module turned down

I'm thinking of purchasing an acoustimass 10 IV and live in an apartment. I do currently have an Energy surround  sound so I'm not new to the concept. My question is will the performance still be good with the bass module turned down? I realize I will sacrifice bass but  won't the highs and midrange still be good? The other alternative is to puchase an acoustimass 6 IIII which may not be as powerful. Thanks much!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Performance with bass module turned down

Hi SKNOC,

Thank you for messaging the community, we're glad to hear your interest of the Acoustimass 10 IV system. I would love to do what I can to assist you with this. 

The best way in order to adjust the bass of your system is through your connected audio device. The Sound quality may suffer if bass and treble controls are not set properly we suggest in adjusting any available tone controls on the connected device to improve the sound quality. You can also move the Acoustimass module away from a wall or corner to decrease bass response as this changes with the location of the module. 

I cannot guarantee how this will affect the overall audio of your system as this would vary between living spaces. I do hope that some users within the community might be able to provide you with an insight of any experiences in which they have encountered. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Tegan M - Community Support