NewSpeakers
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

Please Help Identity System

I bought a house and the guy previous owners left rear and front double cube speakers pre installed and mounted but took the receiver and sub. I want to buy whatever I need to connect to them and use the system.

front and back speakers

E1955C9F-D5B6-4BF2-AE7F-7BDE9022E170.jpeg

Center speaker

ADA3E44E-AF49-4957-8150-FCD7B857AB23.jpeg

Wall outlet Where everything runs

AC2AC801-C9A0-449B-ABB7-6581179F3D72.jpeg

Any help is greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
NewSpeakers
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

Re: Please Help Identity System

Pic of the sub they used

696065EC-59CD-4DD2-B57A-4322D4C4506F.jpeg

Highlighted
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@NewSpeakers wrote:

I bought a house and the guy previous owners left rear and front double cube speakers pre installed and mounted but took the receiver and sub. I want to buy whatever I need to connect to them and use the system.

Looks like a 10 + year old Lifestyle 35 system. There are different series, some requiring an external video bridge. The sub is a good way to identify the series. The smaller jewel cubes usually mean Lifestyle 35. The larger direct reflecting speakers usually were used with the cheaper LS 25 system. 

Any information on the back of the speakers?

Have you tried contacting the previous owner?

The real value is that your house is pre- wired. So another option is to buy a new AM 10 system, pull the old plate to access the wiring, put in a new 5.1 plate and wiring harness hang your speakers and connect to a 5.1 receiver.

Have fun!

Hello NewSpeakers, 

Thanks for writing in, welcome to the community, we would love to do what we can in order to assist you with this matter. 

What I would recommend is that you contact your regions Bose product support team where our agents can take a look into the serial number of these products to help identify what the previous system was.  Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information and an agent will be able to assist you further.

We do not recommend mix and matching systems as all components are designed to work together as one unit. I cannot also guarantee our service team will be able to provide sales of these separate components this is dependant on the age of the system, however an agent will be more than happy on advising you on what options are available for you. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Tegan M - Community Support