Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

Power Cut causes ARC Return to no longer work

Hello,

I have recently suffererd a power outage, which has caused the audio return to stop working on my Bose lifestyle 650. I beleive the HDMI is ok because I as I can see the bose soundtouch ap on the screen. however I cannot get the Live TV to play through the Speakers, it's just silent. The TV's internal speakers work fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Re: Power Cut causes ARC Return to no longer work

Hello Scally123,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the community.

We are sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing. 

I would recommend you trying a different HDMI port on your tv and make sure the volume is not low or on mute.

If the issue still persists I would recommend you do a system reset by:

• Keep the TV and control console on
  • On the control console, press and hold Source and Power for five seconds. The TV and the console will turn off.
  • Release the buttons. The white LED on the console should turn off; If it didn't, perform the step above again.
  • An amber LED will blink once. After this occurs press Power to turn on the system. The LED will flash amber then white while the system turns on and reboots.
  • Wait 10 seconds after the LED stays solid white before retesting the system.

Please let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Prince_O

​​​

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

Ok the sound hasnt come back and my Bose remote is not working. I tried to reset this but only the backlit buttons light up, how do i pair it on the bose 650?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

Ok I have managed to re-pair the remote howerer I am still not getting sound.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Hello, sorry to hear the sound is still not working. I would suggest you connecting the TV to the using an optical cable to test if the sound will play through the connection.

Let me know how this goes.

Prince_O

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

I have plugged in the optical and I now have no sound even coming from the internal speakers of the TV.

Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

Ok I have reset the TV and I have sound through the internal TV speakers however I can still not get the sound through the abose speakers

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Sorry to hear that, as we have gone through all the troubleshooting steps explained in the community I would advise you get in touch with our team over the phone who will be able to go through extensive steps and if need be service your product for you.

To find the contact information for your country of residence, click on the here choose your country of residence, then click on "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

Kind regards.

Prince_O