Problem - Cinemate Digital Home Theater System won't Turn On

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Problem - Cinemate Digital Home Theater System won't Turn On

My Bose wont turn on and only way to turn on is with remote. The little receiver light is red, needs to be green. I've changed the batteries and unplugged everything. I'm told this is a common issue? What is the fix? 

Thx Toby

76 REPLIES

Re: Problem - Cinemate Digital Home Theater System won't Turn On

Hello tobya8,

The system may not be receiving an audio signal, please check or replace the audio cable. If you have done that you can also rest the CineMate system:

Perform a product reset by following these steps:

1. Turn the product off
  2. Unplug the power cord from the power outlet
  3. Disconnect the Interface Module from the Acoustimass Module. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the Interface Module
  5. Reconnect the power cord
  6. Retest the system

Quiet Contributor

Ok i will try the full reset. I am unable to replace audio cables cause they are connected directly to back of the sub.

Quiet Contributor

Did not work???  No matter what i do the light on the receiver stays red???  Its like its not getting IR signal from remote. Do i need a new remote?

Hello tobya8,

With the system on, press and hold the on/off button on the remote for ten seconds. The LED on the system will blink repeatedly while holding down the button. After ten seconds, release the button and count the number of times the LED blinks. This pattern will continually repeat until the power button is pressed again. If the LED goes out or does not blink, the system did not receive the signal from the remote for the full ten seconds, which would indicate the remote may be the issue. If the LED blinks four times then the system is not getting an audio signal.

Quiet Contributor

Ok, i'm finally getting back to try your solution. The only problem i have is when you tell me to hold power button down for 10 sec.... etc... You say with power on unit on. Thats the whole problem it wont turn on. I tried your steps and it did nothing . Red light on receiver stayed red and never blinked. So it must not be getting the IR signal from remote? Let me know if there is anything else i can try before i buy a new remote.

Thx Toby

Quiet Contributor

Anybody??

Hi tobya8,

I recommend 1 final thing. Please try and clear all the codes from the remote to see if that will allow it to control the system. To do this on an original Cinemate:

1. Press and hold the Setup button until all five source buttons light. This takes about three seconds
  2. Press 981 on the remote numeric keypad. The five source buttons will blink as each key is pressed
  3. The five source buttons will blink rapidly and turn off after the code is entered

If this doesn't work, please locate your region from the site HERE, scroll down to 'contact us', and give us a call. 

Thank you 

Silent Starter

Seems to be a very common issue that I am having as well.  You would think when you pay the money for Bose you would get a quality product.  Have done all reccomended fixes with no luck.  I have 500$ worth garbage sitting next to my TV.  

CW
Silent Starter

I have the same issue. There's no red/green light. I've cleared codes, batteries, plugs - nothing has worked. I paid plenty for this and its just taking up space now. After hours of researching and attempting to resolve this, I need some kind real answer, or a true on/off button.