Highlighted
Dan54DAN54
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

Programming Bose universal remote for my Bose solo five to operate my sharp TV-model # LC-60P6070U

I am at my wits end! I inherited a Bose solo five sound system in perfect working order from an aunt and uncle who upgraded recently. every attempt I have made to program the Bose universal remote to operate my sharp TV has failed I have looked up every code I could find and even printed out the original code book for the Bose solo five. My TV is a sharp 4K UHD smart TV model # LC-60P6070U . We also inherited a Bose cinnamate II which the remote operates seamlessly they were using both of these systems in conjunction with each other without issue I simply cannot find a code that will get the Bose universal remote to communicate with my TV and I have been through it time and time again. It’s not like I haven’t programmed these really universal remote before they’re generally pretty straightforward and have always worked in the past I would really appreciate any help someone could give me.  The code the Bose universal remote booklet shows 0093 as a starting point I have advanced through the various codes using the volume up button on the universal remote until all six lights flash with no results. What the heck is wrong with this thing? They had it working on their Samsung TV, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SBang002
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

Re: Programming Bose universal remote for my Bose solo five to operate my sharp TV-model # LC-60P...

Author Accepted Answer selected by Dan54DAN54

I found this info about Sharp and, therefore, put in the code for Hisense: 2159. It works now....

Back in 2016, China's Hisense bought Sharp's struggling North American TV business for $23.7 million, including the company's factory in Mexico and the right to sell TVs under the Sharp brand in the United States. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Programming Bose universal remote for my Bose solo five to operate my sharp TV-model # LC-60P...

Hi Dan54DAN54,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble programming your Solo 5 remote to control your TV and I would be happy to help with this.

You are correct 0093 is the code for controlling Sharp TVs, so you are following the correct process for this.

As you mentioned the remote has been set up to control a TV previously, it would be a good idea to clear any previous codes from the remote before we programme to a new TV. To do this what we would need to do is:

• On the remote control, press and hold a Source button (i.e., TV or CBL-SAT) until all six source buttons glow, then release the button: The button that was held remains glowing
  • On the number keypad, enter 981: The source buttons flash to confirm

This code will clear any previous pairing from the remote, allowing us to start the programming from the beginning, without any previous codes being stored on the remote.

I hope this helps. Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Dan54DAN54
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

Thank you so much for getting back to me. The process you suggested had actually crossed my mind but I didn’t have any way of knowing how to clear the remote. Unfortunately I tried the process you suggested and still no results.

just to make sure I’m doing this correctly-  I pushed and held the button marked TV until all the lights glowed green when I released the button only the TV button stayed lit. Then I typed in the clear code you gave me, 981 all lights went out. 

I then started again with the programming procedure. Pushed and held the TV button until all lights glowed green then released the button leaving only the TV button glowing green. I entered the code 0093, The TV button stayed on and I attempted to change the channel using the remote I also tried to access the menu with no results. I then pushed the volume + to move to the next code. I then tried the Channel up and channel down buttons with no results. I continued this process Until  all the lights flashed a number of times letting me know I had reached the end of all available codes. I must be doing something wrong. I don’t usually have this much trouble with this kind of thing so it is quite frustrating. If you have any other ideas or if there something I’m doing wrong please let me know thank you so much for your response, Patience and time. 
sincerely Dan Jackson. 

Hi Dan,

Thank you for updating me on the process you tried - sorry to hear things haven't improved as of yet.

I just want to confirm, the code that should be listed for connecting Sharp TV for control is 00093. I can see you've posted 0093, did you only use two 0's? Possibly you may be running into an error as the code I've found on my end lists as 00093.

Would you be able to give that a try and let me know if that small adjustment manages to help you make the connection?

Warm regards,

Sam F

Dan54DAN54
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

Thanks for your reply Sam. the 00093 code is the code I initially came up with
as well but my remote would not except a five digit code. As I continued To
investigate the code I finally came with was 0093. The remote took that code. After entering that code the remote Acts  just as I would expect it to, the remote will allow me to advance through the Code search by pushing the volume + button  seven or eight times and then finally flashes several times indicating there are no further codes. I just cant figure out what I am doing wrong.
I did try to put in the five digit code again this morning with no results, the lights all go out if I put in a five digit code.
Thank you for getting back to me I appreciate your response.
Sincerely Dan Jackson.

Dan54DAN54
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

Another little piece of interesting information is I went to another TV in our house and insignia brand and enter the code and it worked to control that TV???  The plot thickens!
Dan 😊

SBang002
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Dan54DAN54

I found this info about Sharp and, therefore, put in the code for Hisense: 2159. It works now....

Back in 2016, China's Hisense bought Sharp's struggling North American TV business for $23.7 million, including the company's factory in Mexico and the right to sell TVs under the Sharp brand in the United States. 

View solution in original post

Dan54DAN54
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

Man you are a lifesaver! I had actually started putting in every code I could find and just going through them one at a time.. i’ll bet I’ve spent 10 hours trying to find a code that worked correctly. I found a few that would actually operate one function or another but this code works perfectly. - Actually I put the code in and had to toggle the + volume button two or three times I think, but it worked!  Thank you so much! I’d also like to thank all The others who replied to this issue your the best!

I am an audiophile from way back most of my interest lies in vintage audio equipment and high end high power high quality sound systems I also build custom Turntables. So this is not the first time I have dealt with problems within help communities, I have to say this has been one of the most positive experiences from a help community I have ever had! thanks again! 
Sincerely Dan Jackson 

Cottage Grove Oregon.

manusua@optonline.net
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020