Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Pulsing white light on soundbar 700

Hello,

I’ve had my Bose soundbar 700 for about 6 months.  Recently while I watch TV, a pulsing white light begins to appear and it does not stop.  There is no issues with the sound, it’s just the pulsing light that’s annoying.  

I have tried unplugging the soundbar and connected accessories (surround and sub), resetting to factory settings, tried restarting my routers but nothing seems to work and I’m very frustrated not being able to find a reason why this is happening and what needs to be done to fix it.  

If there is a way to fix this, I’d greatly appreciate some help.  I’m located in the US.  

Thanks!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Pulsing white light on soundbar 700

Author Accepted Answer selected by gabmaite

Hey Gabmite, 

Welcome to the forums. 

I'd love to help. Please can you have a look at this handy guide and let me know if the light you see matches any of the descriptions? 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by gabmaite

Hey Gabmite, 

Welcome to the forums. 

I'd love to help. Please can you have a look at this handy guide and let me know if the light you see matches any of the descriptions? 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Hello Vicky,

It’s the first picture that says “Pulsing white indicates that the soundbar is connecting to a Wi-Fi® network. When the Bluetooth® mode has been selected, this activity indicates that the soundbar is connecting to a Bluetooth device”.

My soundbar however is connected to my WiFi network and I’m not trying to connect it any Bluetooth device so not sure why it keeps pulsing to no end.  

Thanks,

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming! This seems strange, when you go into the Bose Music app, does it indicate that you are connected to WiFi? Also, if you connect to your internet with an ethernet cable, does the light go away?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Yes, the Bose Music App does indicate that I’m connected to WiFi and with a great signal.  

As far as connecting it to an Ethernet cable goes, no I’m currently connected wirelessly so taking my soundbar to where my physical router is will be complicated.  However, I did turn off my WiFi router / modem and went back to check the soundbar.. but the white light is still pulsing.  Very frustrating not being able to know why it’s doing that or what device is it trying to connect to.  I already turned off my Bluetooth devices to see if that works but nothing.  

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 21, 2020

I am having exactly the same issue. Not sure why. Tried everything above and no resolution. Please get back to us. 

Highlighted

Hi both, 

This is certainly an odd behavior. 

I would recommend trying to manually update the system to see if this helps. 

I have included the LINK HERE to assist you. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Hello,

So I did the manual update install as recommended and followed the steps and did see the white light move side to side for a while and then stopped.  However, now it’s worse than before.  How long should it take to reboot itself after performing the manual update?  

Now when I turn on the soundbar and press the music icon on my control, I get a hissing sound from the surround speakers and nothing from the soundbar.  Very frustrating.  

Highlighted

Thanks for giving that a go! 

I would probably recommend leaving it for an hour. If there isn't an improvement, I would recommend reaching out to our team by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country, and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be more than happy to assist you! 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out again!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 24, 2020

Try to sign off on your bose app and sign back in I did got same issue couple days ago after the sign off it did go away but am not sure that it fixed it am just waiting if its coming back or not but am probably sure this is a firmware problem so yea 😑