TheFifeFlyer
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 14, 2017

Re-pairing the remote with a Lifestyle 650

Hi all,

after reading through this forum, I am one who has a Samsung 65KS800 TV and now got the famous ARC problem.

I`ve done several hard resets to do a fresh set up but cannot get the remote to pair with the hub anymore. I get to the page to 'press OK to continue' and can`t get past it. All I get is the spinning icon on the remote.

Can anyone help me out before I box it all back up again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TheFifeFlyer
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 14, 2017

Re: Re-pairing the remote with a Lifestyle 650

Author Accepted Answer selected by TheFifeFlyer

@raghuelnx wrote:

Hi,

I am facing the same problem. Were you able to get a resolution for that?

This is the response I got from Bose in the UK

1. If the system is off, press the Power button on the front of the console (behind the small door in the center) to turn on the system. The status indicator on the console will blink white as console powers up.
  2. Once the status indicator is glowing steadily, press and hold the Power button on the console for 10 seconds. The console will then be ready to pair with the remote control.
  3. On remote control, press and hold both the Glow button on the rear of the remote control and the OK button on the front of the remote – simultaneously – for five seconds. The remote control will then pair with the console and confirmation text will appear on the display of the remote.
  4. Press any button on the remote control and verify that the status indicator on the console blinks in response to each button press.
If a remote is not paired to a console, it will display a blank screen; A remote will only present information in the display if it is paired to a console.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
raghuelnx
Participant
Registered since

Jan 15, 2017

Hi,

jaumard
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2017

For the lifestyle 600 I've done this: 

Press the button below the remote (brightness) and the OK button for few seconds, this will reset the remote and you'll able to pair it again with the box. 

TheFifeFlyer
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 14, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by TheFifeFlyer

@raghuelnx wrote:

Hi,

This is the response I got from Bose in the UK

1. If the system is off, press the Power button on the front of the console (behind the small door in the center) to turn on the system. The status indicator on the console will blink white as console powers up.
  2. Once the status indicator is glowing steadily, press and hold the Power button on the console for 10 seconds. The console will then be ready to pair with the remote control.
  3. On remote control, press and hold both the Glow button on the rear of the remote control and the OK button on the front of the remote – simultaneously – for five seconds. The remote control will then pair with the console and confirmation text will appear on the display of the remote.
  4. Press any button on the remote control and verify that the status indicator on the console blinks in response to each button press.
If a remote is not paired to a console, it will display a blank screen; A remote will only present information in the display if it is paired to a console.

View solution in original post

TheFifeFlyer
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 14, 2017

I can confirm this works.

It took 3 attempts with pressing the 'light' and 'OK' buttons but got there.

Now if only Bose and Samsung can get the ARC problems solved Smiley LOL

TheFifeFlyer
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 14, 2017

Maybe the fix worked but the rest of the system doesn`t. It`s crashed again and is now boxed up for returning.

Bye bye Bose.

Ryan_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

We are glad to know that you were able to re-pair the remote following these steps. If you are having other issues with your setup, we encourage you to contact local support HERE for assistance. This is a great system and we want you enjoying it seamlessly. 

raghuelnx
Participant
Registered since

Jan 15, 2017

Thanks for the solution. It did not work at first attempt...

Thanks for the solution. It did not work at first attempt. As per instruction from Bose Support, i had to do the following to make it work:

1) Power off the system

2) Unplug the power cable from the console

3) Give 30 seconds and plug the power cable and switch it on

4) Then follow the steps as you mentioned for pairing the remote

It seems easy but there is no help about pairing the remote either on the manual or on the knowledge base online. 

Pham970901@aol.com
Participant
Registered since

Feb 23, 2017

I tried this and initially it did not work. I powered off the 650 for 30 seconds and then tried this again and thank goodness it worked this time.

Pham970901@aol.com
Participant
Registered since

Feb 23, 2017

But 6 hrs later it's gone again. Not very impressive. It's the first and only problem I've had so far but hope if it is a software issue it's fixed pronto!