Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Re previous topic: Videowave 2 bose TV screen not responding to console (stays of when should be on)

Hi,

am am experiencing the same problem as some users before in the US and the U.K. There is a topic from 2017 describing the problem:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Home-Theater-Speakers-Archive/Videowave-2-bose-TV-screen-not-respondin...

Starting the system the Console is running and the LED at the TV starts to blink in red. But it takes sometimes 1,5 hours until the TV turns on. If the TV was off only for a shorter period then it might take only 5-10 minutes.

Speaking to the Bose support center in Germany they checked the cable and the console and come to the conclusion that it must the TV itself which cannot be replaced, repaired or else from Bose. 

I don't want throw away my Bose VideoWave System which is still running and according to the other thread only a part in the TV needs to be replaced. Any experience with help from Bose or 3rd party?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

Re: Re previous topic: Videowave 2 bose TV screen not responding to console (stays of when should be

Hi,

I note sadly that you have had no response to this question. I am having a very similar issue. 

There is another post which is also similar (https://community.bose.com/t5/Home-Theater-Speakers-Archive/Videowave-2-bose-TV-screen-not-respondin...) suggesting that a part of the TV can be replaced. The power supply maybe?

Can anyone help please? I am in Australia and have a Videowave III 55.

thanks.

Highlighted

Re: Re previous topic: Videowave 2 bose TV screen not responding to console (stays of when should be

Hello Tickety, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you are having some trouble with your VideoWave system. Can I please ask for details of the specific issue you are having with the VideoWave? Are you having a red light appear too? 

If you would like to look into your service options for the VideoWave, I would suggest speaking with your local team. You can reach them here. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

Hello Vicky,

Thankyou for replying.

I should start by saying the problem has been gradually getting worse over the last couple of months however the TV is now unfortunately not usable.

Initially the system would turn on ok but sometimes when turning off the screen would stay partly lit - a dull green colour. We would have to hold the on/off button on the console for 5 seconds to reset it and turn it on and then off again to make the screen turn off. I'm afraid I didn't pay attention at the time to whether the LED on the actual screen was on or what colour it was at the time.

More recently a worse problem has developed where the system won't turn on properly. We have given up trying to use the remote. But even still we would have to hold the on/off button on the console to reset the system for it to restart. Like other posts on this form the white start-up bar would appear but the screen would go blank before the system fully started.

Having read some posts on this forum I have paid more attention to the LED on the screen and I can say that it starts green for a second, then flashes red a couple of times and then turns off. The main console appears to be working fine. I have also cycled the power to the screen from the power outlet with the system on and can say the LED does same cycle. The screen works very briefly then turns off.

I'm obviously hoping that there may be a simple fix but if not then I will contact the local Bose service numbers.

thanks 

Peter.

Highlighted

Hi Peter,

The LED response you are describing, would usually be present when the screen is not receiving power correctly. This may explain why the screen is working briefly before powering off again and the trouble you had powering down the screen previously. If the power flow to the screen is being interrupted this would cause it to shut down and show the LEDs you have described.

This could be down to either the power supply and cables or the screen itself, so the best way to resolve this would be contacting your local support team. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

After several phone calls with support it is pretty apparent that the TV isn't repairable - at least not through Bose support.

I am grateful, however, in the support Bose have provided to help me replace the sound system.

Peter.