Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dirtrider7357
Participant
Registered since

May 21, 2021

Receiver Compatibility with Bose Lifestyle 25 Powered Speakers

Hello - 

I have done a lot of searching and am unable to find my answer.

I recently moved in to a house that has the Bose Lifestyle 25 Speaker System installed via surround sound speakers. I have the subwoofer, front left, center and two rear set of speakers. 

My question is, which receiver is compatible with these speakers, is it only the Lifestyle 20 receiver? Or what is the latest model of the receiver that I could buy used or new that allows for HDMI or Optical input. 

Are these speakers Dolby 5.1 Compatible with the correct speakers or not?

Can you recommend a digital optical converter to RCA analog audio that would enable 5.1 surround sound? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: Receiver Compatibility with Bose Lifestyle 25 Powered Speakers

Author Accepted Answer selected by dirtrider7357

@dirtrider7357 wrote:

Hello - 

I recently moved in to a house that has the Bose Lifestyle 25 Speaker System installed via surround sound speakers. I have the subwoofer, front left, center and two rear set of speakers. 

My question is, which receiver is compatible with these speakers, is it only the Lifestyle 20 receiver?

Basically, yes. I go over some of it in this post.

@dirtrider7357 wrote:

Or what is the latest model of the receiver that I could buy used or new that allows for HDMI or Optical input. 

I'm sorry to say there are none.

@dirtrider7357 wrote:

Can you recommend a digital optical converter to RCA analog audio that would enable 5.1 surround sound? Thanks.

I made a guide showing you how to get the best out of your Lifestyle CD system. This should help you know what you can do and how to make them work with your HDTV & equipment.

I hope that this helps answer your questions. Let us know what you ended up doing 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: Receiver Compatibility with Bose Lifestyle 25 Powered Speakers

Author Accepted Answer selected by dirtrider7357

@dirtrider7357 wrote:

Hello - 

My question is, which receiver is compatible with these speakers, is it only the Lifestyle 20 receiver?

Basically, yes. I go over some of it in this post.

@dirtrider7357 wrote:

Or what is the latest model of the receiver that I could buy used or new that allows for HDMI or Optical input. 

I'm sorry to say there are none.

@dirtrider7357 wrote:

I made a guide showing you how to get the best out of your Lifestyle CD system. This should help you know what you can do and how to make them work with your HDTV & equipment.

I hope that this helps answer your questions. Let us know what you ended up doing 🙂

View solution in original post