Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Recommended Audio settings

I have a soundbar 500 and the Bass module and I have been trying to get the signature Bose sound. I understand sound preferences differ, but what are the recommended settings for bass, trebble and speaker levels using the Bose app. My Sound link 3 and companion 2 sounded amazing straight out of the box.
I have run the adaptiq program and tweaked the settings a few times but not been able to get that balanced sound that I had started expecting from Bose.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Recommended Audio settings

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

Hi Sohan, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

I would recommend running AdaptiQ again. This will give you a good Bass to start with before tweaking your settings. If you are still unhappy with the sound, It may be that the SoundBar 500 isn't right for you. As @Xyz987 has suggested, it may be that you would be better suited to the SoundBar 700. If you have purchased from Bose in the last 30 days you should be able to return with no issues at all. 

Let us know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Hello,

Welcome to the community, thank you for your message.

I cannot recommend any designated settings for your set up as this would be down to your personal preference. However I am sure the community would happily recommend what settings they use to see if this is something that suits your living space.

However it sounds as though you are not satisfied with the quality of audio you are experiencing. If you could describe the audio quality for us there may be some troubleshooting we could attempt to improve this. 

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Hey, thanks for responding Tegan. It is tough to describe the sound I am expecting out of this. I generally like a warm/flattish signature I get from my SLIII (which is by far the best I have heard). Infact, with the Bass module switched off I get a better sound from the soundbar alone with default settings. When I turn on the Bass module, the Bass is really punchy (amazing actually) but i somehow seem to be losing the richness on the mid frequencies and a bit of highs too. Increasing the Trebble also does not seem to balance the mids.

Sorry if I am not able to articulate it correctly. My words fail to convey what my ear wants. 😛

Highlighted

Hi Sohanshenoy,

Thank you very much for your response of this, that is no problem at all I would just like to ensure there are no issues with your set up as we want you to be experiencing the best audio quality from your system. However this may be down to personal preference, there are some things we can check to ensure your system is functioning correctly. 

How do you have your speaker connected to your TV? Do you have this connected to any other devices?

Can you also inform me with which TV you are connecting to?

Many thanks,

Tegan M 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

How long have you had your Bose Soundbar 500?  Maybe you need to swap it for a Bose Soundbar 700.  Did you listen to both at the store?

https://www.abzumo.com/bose-soundbar-500-vs-soundbar-700-review/

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Hi Tegan,

I have a Sony Bravia and I have connected the Soundbar 500 with the HDMI ARC. I havent connected it to any other devices. I occasionally connect it to my phone using bluetooth.

-Sohan

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

Hi Sohan, 

I would recommend running AdaptiQ again. This will give you a good Bass to start with before tweaking your settings. If you are still unhappy with the sound, It may be that the SoundBar 500 isn't right for you. As @Xyz987 has suggested, it may be that you would be better suited to the SoundBar 700. If you have purchased from Bose in the last 30 days you should be able to return with no issues at all. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Hi @Jessie_O Jessy, @Xyz987 , thanks for your inputs. I checked with the lcoal Bose delear. Unfortunately the 30 day return/exchange policy is not availaleble in India Smiley Sad

I however ran the AdaptIq a couple of times more. The sound is better now. I have retained all factory settings. I will need to run it once again this week when i will be changing/moving my furniture around. I hope the same sound remains.

- Sohan

@Jessie_O wrote:

Hi Sohan, 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

@Jessie_O wrote:

Hi Sohan, 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Highlighted

Hi Sohanshenoy, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on your issue. I am happy to hear that your audio is now better! Please do update us once you have moved your furniture. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2020

Bought a bose sound bar 700 along with a bose base module 700 !

However , when I play music , it’s not sounding that great the moment I get the volume slightly high.

Is this normal ? Or is there a settings issue on the equaliser ?

not very locked about the new purchase ! Pls help