Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 25, 2017

Remote/Console not switching between sources

I installed the recent update for the Bose LifeStyle 600 which solved my picture problems. Now, I've added three devices to my remote.

1. Sony Android TV

2. Apple TV

3. Roku Ultra

So I'm using the Sony Android TV but then I want to use the Roku Ultra. When I switch the source to Roku Ultra the Sony Android TV shows it set of apps and won't switch to the Roku Ultra. On the Bose remote I can push the home button and you can hear the notification sounds but it won't switch to the Roku Ultra Apps. So sometimes I go the the Apple TV and then it might switch back to the Roku Apps. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Any my Logitech Harmony remote doesn't do it any better.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 25, 2017

Re: Remote/Console not switching between sources

Author Accepted Answer selected by captgadget

I finally solved the problem. I had to change a setting in my Roku. I went to settings>control other devices>check 1-touch play. Now everything works as it should!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi there @captgadget, and thanks for taking the time to post!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having with the controlling your Roku Ultra here, and would be happy to assist where possible.

In order to provide you with the best advice, can I ask that you answer the following for me please?

1) If you have the Roku Ultra connected to the TV directly, do you still have the same issue? If this was already connected to the TV, does this control correctly from the Roku remote but not from any of the others?

2) If you head back to the Unify menu and reprogram the remote, does this resolve the control issue you're having?

3) When you're pressing the Home button as above, what appears on your screen? Is this the Sony Home screen, or the Roku Home Screen?

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Liam W - Community Support

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 25, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by captgadget

I finally solved the problem. I had to change a setting in my Roku. I went to settings>control other devices>check 1-touch play. Now everything works as it should!

View solution in original post