Highlighted
Tarek1990
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Remote and app not paired with soundbar 700

Hi 

I have two issues pairing my remote with the soundbar and connecting the soundbar with Bose music app.

the app finds the sound bar unavailable the whole time.

meanwhile I’m trying to reset everything to factory settings and start all over again

1 REPLY 1

Re: Remote and app not paired with soundbar 700

Hello Tarek1990,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm deeply sorry to hear about these issues with pairing and connecting your Soundbar 700. 

To begin, I would recommend following these steps to ensure that the remote is paired with your Soundbar.

• Unplug your router to disconnect your product from the Internet
  • On the remote control, simultaneously press and hold the Volume - and Left arrow buttons for five seconds to clear stored pairings in the remote
  • On the soundbar, press and hold the Action ○ button for five seconds
  • Wait 15 seconds for the remote and soundbar to pair
  • Plug in your router. (Note: It could take a couple of minutes for the router to restart.

Now you can proceed to put the Soundbar into setup mode by holding TV icon and Skip Back button for five seconds. The light bar will glow amber. Then go to the Bose Music app, delete the existing entry of the Soundbar by going to Settings > Manage Products > Edit > Select the soundbar > Delete. Then back to the main page, search for your soundbar again and establish the connection to your network.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support