Highlighted
Boyo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Remote control 353351

I have purchased a Bose Soundbar 500 and enquiring if I can use my old BOSE remote 353351-0020 which I used with my old BOSE Solo speaker ?  I have tried setting it up through “My Bose App ?”, but no luck in finding my old remote.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Remote control 353351

Author Accepted Answer selected by Boyo

Hello Boyo, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. 

What Morlock has stated above is correct, you will not be able to use your Bose Solo remote control with your Soundbar 500. 

For the Soundbar 500 you will need either the provided Soundbar 500 remote or you can alternatively purchase the Bose Soundbar Universal Remote separately. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support 

4 REPLIES 4
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

No it won't.  Your old remote works by IR while the new remote works by BT.  You can purchase a universal remote for it (which would be the same one that comes with the soundbar 700 system) which will let you control the TV plus three (i think) more devices

Author Accepted Answer selected by Boyo

Hello Boyo, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. 

What Morlock has stated above is correct, you will not be able to use your Bose Solo remote control with your Soundbar 500. 

For the Soundbar 500 you will need either the provided Soundbar 500 remote or you can alternatively purchase the Bose Soundbar Universal Remote separately. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Boyo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Hi Tegan M,  Thank You very much for your reply. I have ordered a new remote which you can use for the soundbar 500/700.

yours Sincerely 

Boyo

Boyo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Hi Morlock, Thank you very much for your quick reply and I’ve ordered a Universal Remote for the Soundbar 500/700.

Yours faithfully 

Boyo