Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steven.snider
Participant
Registered since

Mar 8, 2021

Remote control for Bose amplifier 256806-131F

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Amplifier 256806-131F used for Lifestyle Media Center AV48

Country

USA

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I bought a new condo and the seller did not leave the remote for the Media Center AV48 or amplifier 256806-131F.  I found a remote that works with the Media Center but I need a remote for the amplifier so I can turn speakers on in separate or all rooms.  Is the PMC II or PMC III the correct remote?  Or, is there another remote I should buy for the amplifier?  Or, can the Media Center remote work the media center and amplifier?

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: Remote control for Bose amplifier 256806-131F

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Thanks for updating us on this Steven.snider. 

The remote that you will need is the PMC-II, if you reach out to us via the Contact Us page here the team will be able to assist you with obtaining a remote.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Charlotte_G

Hi @Steven.snider, thanks for posting, and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'd love to be able to help get your system up and running. To confirm, do you have a media center and a bass module from one system, or is there a second system?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Steven.snider
Participant
Registered since

Mar 8, 2021

I have one Media Center AV48 box that has wires to two ceiling speakers and a bass module.  These two ceiling speakers and bass module work.  There is another set of wires that runs to a Bose 256806-131F, which in turn ties into three separate amplifiers.  So, I believe this is one system with lines that run to components that should split the same music into separate rooms via the 256806=131F and separate amplifiers.  Does that help?

Hector_B

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Thanks for updating us on this Steven.snider. 

The remote that you will need is the PMC-II, if you reach out to us via the Contact Us page here the team will be able to assist you with obtaining a remote.

View solution in original post

Steven.snider
Participant
Registered since

Mar 8, 2021

Thank you very much.  

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.