Niner
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

Remote for Bose 700 sound bar

The Bose700 remote stopped working lights flash but there’s no sound coming out of the sound bar. Replaced batteries and it still doesn’t work. Tested it thru Bluetooth music plays out of it just not the tv. Was working fine yesterday not sure what to do. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Remote for Bose 700 sound bar

Hi Niner, 

I am sorry that your Soundbar 700 suddenly does not appear to be producing audio, i'll happily look into this with you. 

Changing your remote batteries and attempting a Bluetooth connection were two very good first steps to perform. 

Next lets try a reset. This can be done by the following instruction;

• Power off your system
  • Disconnect the power cord from the soundbar
  • If the accessory bass module or surround speakers are connected, disconnect the power cords from those also
  • When power is reconnected, wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot.

Following this, I would also ensure that your cable connection to the TV is also secure.

Do let us know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Jane S
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2020

Re: Remote for Bose 700 sound bar

I'm having the same problem.  Yesterday morning the remote worked and in the afternoon it didn't.  Replaced the batteries and trying re-pairing with the sound bar twice.  Didn't work.  Did you get yours to work by unplugging everything and letting the system re-boot?