Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Remote

I bought a remote for my cinemate 120 but doesn’t seem to work and there’s really not enough information about how to program it to your system. I’ve only seen videos on how to use it as a universal control. Maybe I bought the wrong one. Very frustrating when Bose doesn’t give that kind of information 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Remote

Hello Yesse23, 

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the Community! 

Could you provide a photo of the remote?

Be aware that Cinemate systems use Infrared remote controls, so you do not need to program it to work with the system. It's a matter of placing the batteries and you're good to go. 

For product support documentation, I would recommend checking out this page. There are also user manuals that can be downloaded with instructions for programming the remote to control other devices. 

I hope this helps. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

I’m not sure how to post a picture here but I do have the part number. URC-15U         714543-1020

That appears to be a Solo 5 remote, not a Cinemate remote. While the remotes look similar and you may get basic functionality, you should be using a Cinemate remote (part number: 639414-1010)

The Solo remote is designed for a system that has no display so you will find some features missing from that remote e.g SYSTEM, which allows you to access the console's menu.

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.