Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

Replacement for CineMate® 520

I purchased a CineMate® 520 several years ago for my living room and I love it!  I was looking to buy another for the bedroom but... it appears to be no longer available?  😞   I'm not wanting to spend the money for one of the Lifestyle Systems so I'm wondering what would be a good replacement for the CineMate® 520?  Thanks...

Rabbit

Optimism... is going after Moby **bleep** in a rowboat... and taking tartar sauce with you!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Replacement for CineMate® 520

@CrusaderRabbit wrote:

I purchased a CineMate® 520 several years ago for my living room and I love it!  I was looking to buy another for the bedroom but... it appears to be no longer available?  😞   I'm not wanting to spend the money for one of the Lifestyle Systems so I'm wondering what would be a good replacement for the CineMate® 520?  Thanks...

Depends what you want to do. A bedroom system wouldn’t necessarily require a multi speaker solution so something like a Solo 5 would suffice. If you are thinking of discrete 5.1 system with all the trimmings, you could always put the 520 system in your bedroom and install a new system in your livingroom. The Soundbars are great sounding and are considerably less costly than the Lifestyle systems. I think now with the SoundBars supporting wireless rear speakers the LifeStyle systems are hard pressed to be competitive in the area of discrete 5.1 sound.