Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 18, 2020

Replacement remote

I was told to purchase RC-PWS III to replace the remote for my Sound Touch 130. The remote came in today but doesn't work and the instructions doesn't have anything on how to program the remote to Bose system.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Replacement remote

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hello Cpulido, 

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the Bose Community!

The SoundTouch 130 requires a Universal Remote (part number: 639414-1030.) This is an infrared remote so it does not need to be paired with the SoundTouch 130. It will just work. 

The RC-PWS III is designed to be used with the Solo 15 II and the Solo 5. While looking similar to the original remote, it is not meant to be used with the SoundTouch 130. I would recommend getting back in touch with the point of sale to seek the correct remote. 

Thanks,

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Replacement remote

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hello Cpulido, 

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the Bose Community!

The SoundTouch 130 requires a Universal Remote (part number: 639414-1030.) This is an infrared remote so it does not need to be paired with the SoundTouch 130. It will just work. 

The RC-PWS III is designed to be used with the Solo 15 II and the Solo 5. While looking similar to the original remote, it is not meant to be used with the SoundTouch 130. I would recommend getting back in touch with the point of sale to seek the correct remote. 

Thanks,

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post