Highlighted
Butterworth
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

SB 700 surround speaker ceiling mount

Dear Bose,

I bought the Bose soundbar setup with sub and surround speakers. Would the sound quality be just as good if I mounted the surround speakers on the ceiling angled towards the listener or is it much better to have these on the floorstands instead? Ceiling mounted would look much better but I want the best audio experience. The ceiling is about 3 - 4 metres high (10-13ft).

Do you also have any suggestions on powering the surround speakers when mounted on the ceiling? It's a false ceiling and I am planning to try take power from one of the lights. Please let me know if this is a bad idea! 

Best regards,

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: SB 700 surround speaker ceiling mount

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Liam_W

Hello Butterworth,

Thank you very much for your message, welcome to the community!

I would love to assist you with this. 

Regarding your setup, I would advise that you place the speakers where they suit best within your living space. The Soundbar 700 and its surround speakers and Bass module's audio experienced are altered through the use of the ADAPTiQ feature. The ADAPTiQ audio calibration technology adjusts the sound of the soundbar and its grouped speakers to best fit your room, no matter the shape or furnishings. So it always sounds its best.

As for powering your surround speakers on the ceiling using the lighting power. As long as the power is within these requirements 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz this will be able to power the speakers, please check these specifications and that this meets these requirements otherwise you may be at risk for damaging your speakers. 

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

2 REPLIES 2
BrianJP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

My surround speakers are mounted on the ceiling and sound fine and the wifi units are mounted and powered within the roof space above the room. Only real consideration as I see it is to make sure the space is not too confined although the units are very low power around 30w and barely get warm

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Liam_W

Hello Butterworth,

Thank you very much for your message, welcome to the community!

I would love to assist you with this. 

Regarding your setup, I would advise that you place the speakers where they suit best within your living space. The Soundbar 700 and its surround speakers and Bass module's audio experienced are altered through the use of the ADAPTiQ feature. The ADAPTiQ audio calibration technology adjusts the sound of the soundbar and its grouped speakers to best fit your room, no matter the shape or furnishings. So it always sounds its best.

As for powering your surround speakers on the ceiling using the lighting power. As long as the power is within these requirements 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz this will be able to power the speakers, please check these specifications and that this meets these requirements otherwise you may be at risk for damaging your speakers. 

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support