Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

SR1 Cinemate soundbar not working

I have a SR1 soundbar and subwoofer and they have both stopped working. There is a solid amber light on the back of the subwoofer and the soundbar has a solid white led and a flashing white led - has anyone encountered this before and if so, how did you fix it?

I have tried the factory reset by unplugging both items but no joy.

Thanks in advance for any help!

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: SR1 Cinemate soundbar not working

Hey @Closey,

That sounds quite strange! Have you ever noticed this happen before?

The solid amber LED actually indicates that the speaker array and Acoustimass module are connected. However, in regards to the white LEDs you're seeing on the soundbar, could you specify which is solid and which is flashing white between the left and right LEDs?

Also, are you not hearing any audio at all from the system? Have you tried playing around with the remote to increase/decrease volume?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

SR1 Cinemate soundbar not working

Hi Sam_F,

many thanks for your response!

It has literally started going belly up about a week ago unfortunately.

I have just taken a closer look at the soundbar and it's actually a flashing green led on the left and a solid white led on the right....

There is absolutely no sound at all from the bar and subwoofer. The remote does work as it shuts down the TV and switches between "TV Input"

Hope this makes more sense??!!

Highlighted

Hey @Closey,

Thanks for having another look - that makes sense to me.

The solid white LED on the right indicates the system is powered on. The flashing green LED on the left can indicate AC power has been applied. Do you notice the flashing green is consistently flashing or will stop briefly and start again?

Also, what TV do you have the system connected to? Also, what audio cabling are you using with the system to hook up to the TV?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

Hi Sam_F,

So the white LED has gone now altogether - and all I get is a sequence of 2, 3 and 4 flashes of green LEDs....and then nothing at all.

The cable I am using is the Bose supplied optical cable into the hub and the TV is a Samsung UE48JU500T.

Highlighted

Thanks for updating us in this @Closey

So the White LED disappearing is strange as this is the power indicator, which is odd as you can see the green LED's. 

What these LED's mean is that the system is connected to an AC power source/ the system is running ADAPTiQ. Let's try and reset the system by following these steps below: 

• Turn the product off
  • Unplug the speaker array power cord from the power outlet
  • Unplug the Acoustimass Module power cord from the power outlet
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cords.

Please do update me on the LED pattern after you have attempted these steps. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

Thank you!

All I get now is one flash of the green led followed by 3 flashes of the green led. That is it........

Highlighted

Hey @Closey,

Thank you for letting us know. Are you seeing anything for the LED on the right? Are you still not getting any sort of audio from the system?

How do you have the soundbar wired up to your TV? Could you try unplugging these cables, waiting a minute and re-connecting? Or, possibly trying different cables to see if you notice any response?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Hi all, sorry to piggyback on this thread but I also have an SR1 Cinemate soundbar that is not working. It has not been in use for 2 years, but in storage. Currently I have just tried to hook it up again, to the same TV as it used to be hooked up to. But it won't turn on. No light comes on at all when I press the remote. Is there any button ON the soundbar itself that I can manually turn on? Is it possible the soundbar just "died" whilst in storage/disuse?

I am also wondering if I just have the wrong power cable. If that's the case, can someone direct me to where I can buy the correct replacement cable?

Or any other ideas of how to troubleshoot? Thank you.

Highlighted

Hey Techphobe!

Welcome! Thanks for posting.

If you are getting no lights at all from the soundbar, it would suggest that it is not receiving power correctly at this point.

There isn't any button to turn on the soundbar on the bar itself but if you think it might not be receiving a signal from the remote, you can check that by changing the batteries in the remote and also making sure the remote is sending a signal. You can check this using the front-facing camera on a phone or tablet. Simply point the remote at the camera and see if you can see a light from the end of the remote.

The soundbar does use a standard figure of 8 power cable, so it is always worth checking another power cable and outlet to make sure it is receiving power.

If you are still unable to turn on the soundbar after doing this, I would recommend reaching out to your local support team. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on!