Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020

Samsung RU7100 to the absolute original 3-2-1

Hey guys,

As the title suggests, I'm trying to connect the two using optical. I've searched the forum and nothing similar seems to relate. 🙂

Firstly, the TV has a perfect optical signal (by the red light at the end of the cable) with all settings set to output optically as you'd expect. I've connected a video out to properly access the settings from the 3-2-1 yet it doesn't seem to even recognise a digital signal exists. In 3-2-1 settings the AUX status is set to analogue with seemingly no way to change it.

Am I missing something obvious or..?

Thanks for any help!

Ross

X

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Samsung RU7100 to the absolute original 3-2-1

Hi rossjeremytrigg,

Welcome! Thank you for joining us in the community! 

To connect a device using a digital optical cable what you want to do to start with is:

• Connect an optical cable from the optical jack on the device to the Optical IN jack on your system console.
  • Select Video 1 on the Bose system to hear the device connected with optical.

To make sure the optical input on the console is working correctly, do you have any other devices with an optical output you could connect to test? I know many cable boxes and DVD/Blu-Ray players have optical outputs that you may be able to use.

Let me know how this goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Re: Samsung RU7100 to the absolute original 3-2-1

Ross, perhaps take a look at this:

http://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/assigning-the-optical-input.html

I'm not as familiar with the 3-2-1 GS Series I as the Series III. If it's possible to assign the optical input, these instructions will get you there. On our 321, the TV's optical Out is assigned to our 321's optical In.

If this works, let us know! ✌️