Highlighted
Taylorozmon@mail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Sb700 won’t play audio from tv,Netflix etc.

I have a 65” Samsung tv I hooked up sb700 to the tv via hdmi arc. The sound bar worked the first day. Now I can’t get sound to come through. Very frustrating.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sb700 won’t play audio from tv,Netflix etc.

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Liam_W

Hi Taylorozman, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that your experiencing issues with audio from your TV. I'd be more than happy to assist you! 

I would recommend disconnecting the power from both the TV and the SoundBar 700. Wait for 30 seconds. Plug in just the SoundBar and wait for it to reboot itself. Select the TV source on the remote and plug the TV back in. 

Hopefully, these steps should bring back the audio in your system. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

3 REPLIES 3

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Liam_W

Hi Taylorozman, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that your experiencing issues with audio from your TV. I'd be more than happy to assist you! 

I would recommend disconnecting the power from both the TV and the SoundBar 700. Wait for 30 seconds. Plug in just the SoundBar and wait for it to reboot itself. Select the TV source on the remote and plug the TV back in. 

Hopefully, these steps should bring back the audio in your system. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

angeloha
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

This seems to be a common problem. When will you fix this? Is there a working workaround. The easiest way to reproduce the problem is to first play some music on Spotify then switch off the sound bar then move to TV.

It will not play music anymore. 

Hello angeloha, 

Thanks for reaching out and posting in the community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some troubles with your Soundbar 700 and would love to assist you in resolving these. 

I would recommend we start by trying the reset recommended by @Jessie_O above. After that, I would like to check for any firmware updates available on the Soundbar. The soundbar must be connected to a network with a working Internet connection and it must be running firmware version 5.0.12 or newer (released August 2019) to do this. 

To check for a software update:

On the remote control, press and hold the Music button (to the left of the TV button) for 10 seconds:

• If an update is available, a white light will scroll across the light bar while it is updating. Once complete, the soundbar will reboot.
  • If no update is available, the product will reboot without any scrolling light bar activity.

Please let me know how you get on and if you have any questions. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W