Sent 4 jewels in for repair Bose sent 1 back, just the latest wonderful support experience

SOLVED
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Sent 4 jewels in for repair Bose sent 1 back, just the latest wonderful support experience

I've seen other posts to a similar effect, but let me reiterate how truely TERRIBLE Bose support is. A jewel fell out of the ceiling which I detailed here https://community.bose.com/t5/Home-Theater-Speakers-Archive/Lifesystem-650-Jewel-base-glue-failed-an...

After some back and forth Bose agreed to replace it. I requested all 4 be replaced, in the interest of safety for my children, to which they agreed. I sent it back a few weeks ago after some further back and forth trying to get a shipping label, UPS said it was received. About 2 weeks later I received an email from Bose support asking me to send in the speakers; I replied that I already had sent in the speakers and I wanted to know what the status of it was (thinking they lost them at their warehouse).

They replied that they were happy to report they'd be here today. Today I receive 1 jewel for a Lifestyle 650.....  I sent in 4 to be replaced.... 

I love Bose sound, I have 6 headsets, 4 individual speaker, and I've owned 3 lifestyle systems over the years. If all you do is buy a device and use it you're fine. If you EVER need to do anything over the phone or for repair then you're in for a ride. Try to get anything serviced at the store that you can. Whoever is in charge of their backend ticketing system and support personel needs to call in some mystery shopping/returners. This is not the type of support I expect when I pay this much for products (this set of speakers is about a 1.5 years old). I'm going to file a BBB report on this if it's not fixed in a week and I'll likely take my business to Sony for headphones and Yamaha for stereos because I've had enough.

P.S. Some other fun experiences with their support were trying to get them to take a new credit card over the phone after the first attempt triggered a fraud alert. It simply can't be done, just reorder and abandon your first order. I also had their associate sell me 4 sets of overhead speakers because they swore that the kits were individual mounting brackets as opposed to pairs (they're actually pairs). I also spent 30 minutes on the phone once begging them to send me the in-wall-wiring adapter for the LS650. They had to engage a second level of support to even find the standard product in their catalog system (which is actually nearly impossible to find a picture of online).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Audible Advocate

Re: Sent 4 jewels in for repair Bose sent 1 back, just the latest wonderful support experience

The community admin replied to my post and was able to next day air the final, 4th replacement speaker so this issue was resolved. To Bose's credit they used next-day air on the 2nd and 3rd attempts so they were trying to resolve the issue quickly.

3 REPLIES

Re: Sent 4 jewels in for repair Bose sent 1 back, just the latest wonderful support experience

Hey ksigpaul,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. We're sorry for the experience you went through. We'll send you a direct a message so we can try and look into this for you. 

Thank you,

Mohsin - Community Support 

Audible Advocate

About mid-day the next day I called into the support number, waited 30 minutes, spoke to someone about the issue. They apologized for the mistake and said they'd send out 3 more jewel cubes after verifying all of the information. They kindly sent it next-day-service, unfortunately, they sent 2 jewel cubes instead of 3. So I have 3 jewel cubes thus far instead of 4... How does this keep happening? The invoices inside the boxes, if I understand them correcty are correct, they state 1 and 2 jewels respectively so the issue lies in the people requesting the orders be sent. I just need one more please.

Also of note, the package with 2 jewels didn't have any padding off any kind. Just 2 jewels inside their small boxes inside a much larger box.

I'm going to respond in private chat and hopefully you can resolve the issue.

Audible Advocate

The community admin replied to my post and was able to next day air the final, 4th replacement speaker so this issue was resolved. To Bose's credit they used next-day air on the 2nd and 3rd attempts so they were trying to resolve the issue quickly.