Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2019

Set up Soundtouch 500 without using Bose Music App

Can the Soundtouch 500 sound bar, subwoofer, and remote surround sound speakers be set up  without using the Bose Music App?  I have an old Android phone that is runnibg Android 4.1.2 and cannot be upgraded to a newer version of the operating system.  Thus, I cannot download the Bose Music App on that phone, and there is no version of the app that I can find that I can download and se on one of my local computers.  Thus, I need to be ale to set the entire system up without using the Bose Music App.  Can all this be done via the remote control that comes with the Soundtouch 500? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Set up Soundtouch 500 without using Bose Music App

Hello THSee,

Thank you very much for your message. 

At this time for the Soundbar 500 and its connected Surround Speakers and Bass Module, the Bose Music App is needed in order to group and function your devices. 

I apologise for any disappointment this causes. 

Warm regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2019

No offense to Bose, but I think that such a limitation / restriction is silly.  You should not be dependant on a cell phone application to make your hardware work.  Nice to have the option for access an cntrol via such an app, but being the only way to make it work, not so smart.

Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2020

I agree, it is not smart