Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
traveler582
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 25, 2020

Smart Soundbar 300 has no AdaptiQ, trying to set up Surround Speakers ($299)

I just set up new $299 Surround Speakers. I want to connect to my Bose Smart Soundbar 300, but there's no connection for AdaptiQ, and my remote is completely different from what their video shows.

My 300 is not even a year old...what happened, how come I don't have AdaptiQ?

I'm thinking I'm going to have use my Samsung Note 8 mobile Bose app to set up 300 and speakers? But with no calibration? 

Can anyone assist? Thank you!

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
traveler582
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 25, 2020

Re: Smart Soundbar 300 has no AdaptiQ, trying to set up Surround Speakers ($299)

Author Accepted Answer selected by traveler582

I was lucky enough to get a Bose tech support guy on the phone and we set it up on my mobile app, but I could hardly hear the speakers behind me, we turned the volume  all the way up, but still it was minimal. He explained that had I had the Soundbar 700 I would have been able to calibrate the speakers but with the basic Soundbar 300 I was limited. So I wound up starting a return of the speakers, after waiting four months for them since they were out of stock, what a disappointment.

Sending them back the same day I received them 😞

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Smart Soundbar 300 has no AdaptiQ, trying to set up Surround Speakers ($299)

@traveler582 You wont require AdaptIQ as the options settings for the Smart Soundbar are very limited. To set up your rear speakers, position them per the instructions, plug in the speakers to power the add to your system using the Bose Music app.

Adapt IQ is not a feature of the Smart Soundbar 300 series.

traveler582
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 25, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by traveler582

I was lucky enough to get a Bose tech support guy on the phone and we set it up on my mobile app, but I could hardly hear the speakers behind me, we turned the volume  all the way up, but still it was minimal. He explained that had I had the Soundbar 700 I would have been able to calibrate the speakers but with the basic Soundbar 300 I was limited. So I wound up starting a return of the speakers, after waiting four months for them since they were out of stock, what a disappointment.

View solution in original post

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@traveler582 wrote:

Very sorry to hear that. I don’t have much experience with wireless rear speakers these days. I do know that sound from rear channels are generally very limited and not necessarily loud. They are after all designed to broaden your sound stage and emit some sounds behind you.

Have you tested your new system using true 5.1 multichannel sound vis a vis a good sounding movie. If you can go to You Tube, there are plenty of demo videos that provide good movie audio clips and test cycles.

The rear channels shouldn’t really share the same stage as your front speakers and  definitely not your centre dialogue speaker. They should only provide a rear presence and the odd door closing, steps across a wooden floor or bullet casing falling to the ground. Pay particular attention to placement per the setup guide.

If you can plug all your devices into the TV and then use an HDMI cable to connect your sound-bar via the ARC port. That is the best setup for bandwidth. 

Give your system a good test before returning the whole kit. 

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Yea, but you saved $300.