Raistlin9000
Participant
Registered since

Jun 8, 2021

Snow in menus

Our bose system was working perfectly till we switched to fiber optic internet, now we get old-school snow on the cable TV, even in menus.

I suspect a grounding issue, I tried connecting the new equipment directly to home theater powercenter and even ran RGB cables between the cable box and the TV to fix grounding, it helped a little but the problem persists

5 REPLIES 5
Charlotte_G

Re: Snow in menus

Hey @Raistlin9000, welcome to the Bose Community!

In order to best assist you, could you please confirm which system you have? We'd love to help get this resolved.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Raistlin9000
Participant
Registered since

Jun 8, 2021

AV 35 control console is the only label I can find, it is an older system probably 5-10 years old

Jessie_O

Thanks for coming back to us! 

This is certainly very strange behavior. 

As you have switched to an optical connection, can you confirm if you have any sources connected directly to the console? Or are you experiencing this on all sources whether connected to the console or not? This will help us to better understand the issue and know where to start with troubleshooting. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Raistlin9000
Participant
Registered since

Jun 8, 2021

The Amazon works fine, just the cable box. The fact that I'm getting snow on a digital signal, and in the menus makes me think grounding, though it's a guess.

The fiber and the cable box all use 2 prong plugs, and I think the bose power supply is isolated,  but I'm not that familiar with bose systems.

If I plug cable directly into TV it works, but no surround sound.

Vicky_W

@Raistlin9000, thanks for getting back to me. I would love to try and get this resolved for you, to do this, we really need to get a better understanding of your set up. Please can you answer the questions below as it will allow me to assist you better. 

• What system do you have? There will be a serial number on the back of each console and part. You can use this page here to identify the system's name as the AV35 was used in a few different Lifestyle systems. 
  • What TV do you have?
  • To my understanding, you are saying there is no signal/static on the TV when using the system, is that correct?
  • When you say cable, can I please confirm,  is this a cable/satellite box, or an actual cable connecting two devices together?
  • Do you have any pictures of your set up at all? Pictures of the back console and connections would be great.