Highlighted
cammage08
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 24, 2019

Solo 5 - Hisense Series 7 TV

Hi, I've just upgraded my TV to a Hisense series 7 TV. I'm trying to program the Solo 5 remote to control the TV but the code provided in the book doesn't work? Is there a code which will work with this TV? 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Solo 5 - Hisense Series 7 TV

Hi @cammage08,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.

I apologize that the code provided in your Solo 5 booklet did not seem to allow you to program control over your TV on your remote. Just so I am certain of what you have been attempting, could you let us know what code you were using for the Hisense TV set up?

Also, what TV did you have before the Hisense TV and were you able to control it using the Solo 5 remote? During the time of upgrading your TV, have you made any adjustments to your living arrangements, such as moving the Solo 5 Soundbar or any furniture nearby which may have blocked the signal between the TV and your Soundbar?

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Warm regards,

Sam F

cammage08
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 24, 2019

Hi, no its just the TV that ive upgraded. Nothing else has changed. Yes I was previously able to control my Samsung TV via the solo 5 remote. The code which I used was the one provided in the manual, Code 2159.

Thanks

Hello cammage08,

Thank you for confirming these details. Does the remote still work to control the Solo 5?

I'd recommend that you remove the existing remote codes by following these steps:

1. On the remote control, press and hold a Source button (i.e., TV or CBL-SAT) until all six source buttons glow, then release the button: The button that was held remains glowing
  2. On the number keypad, enter 981: The source buttons flash to confirm

Then, proceed to enter the 2159 code for your current Hisense TV. When you are doing this, are you scrolling through the next codes? If not, here's how to do this.

1. On your remote, press and hold the source button of the device you want to control (i.e. TV or CBL-SAT) until all six source buttons glow
  2. Release the button so only the button you held glows
  3. Enter the code for the device brand, then press the Vol + button. (Tip: If all six source buttons blink three times, an invalid code was entered)
  4. Check if the remote controls the device:
    • For TVs, try the Channel buttons, then press Menu and try browsing with the Arrow buttons
  5. If the code works, press EXIT to save your settings
  6. If the code does not work, press VOL + to select the next code for the brand, then repeat step 5.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Joaobeninho
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Hi. I have the same issue. I made several attempts, but while I was able to connect to other devices, I cannot work with Hisense tv.

Any help?

Thank you

Hey Joaobeninho, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to read that you are also having issues with your Solo 5 and Hisense TV. 

Can you please ensure that you have attempted all of the steps in this thread? If you have and the issue still persists it may be that the systems are not compatible, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to look into this issue a little further for you.

If you are unable to reach the team please do let us know and if any other users are having the same issue please post below! 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Adrianomilano
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

Hello! I’ve just bought a solo 5 soundbar.
I’ve solved using the code 0145 for hitachi

is not working 100% but

power on/off, channel +/- and tv source are working and for me is enough. 
i hope this it will be helpful for you. 
have a nice day. 
Adriano.