Highlighted
FreckledInVegas
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Solo 5 Soundbar

I connected my cell phone to my soundbar (via bluetooth) and now I can no longer get sound from my TV. I've turned everything off, disconnected cables, checked to make sure my tv settings were correct, everything. I cannot get sound from my tv thru my sound bar. 

Little help?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Solo 5 Soundbar

Hi FreckledInVegas, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are having these issues with your Solo 5 and would love to assist you further. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you ensure that on your TV's menu the correct output is selected. Many TVs have a menu setting that allows audio to be sent to speakers other than the TV speakers. In the TV menu, navigate to sound settings and look for a TV Speakers or Audio Output option. The TV speakers may need to be turned off and the output may need to be set to Fixed or External Speakers. 

Please also connect up the system and put the Solo 5 into Diagnostic Mode by:

With the system on, press and hold the Mute button on the remote for 6 seconds. (The system LED flashes after 3 seconds indicating Dialog Mode on/off; continue holding mute for an additional 3 seconds until the LED changes again, indicating Diagnostic Mode.) Release the button and determine the LED blink pattern.

Please update us on the result of this LED pattern so that we can understand your issue a little further. If any other community members are also experiencing this issue please do let us know.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support

loire11
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2017

Hi,

Your solo5 might be in Bluetooth Source, try pressing the TV button to put it back to TV source.

FreckledInVegas
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

It's blinking red after I did the mute button diagnostic thing. 

Hello Freckled, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

A Blinking red light indicates that the Solo 5 did not detect an audio signal. Can you please confirm how you have the soundbar connected to the TV? Are you using Optical, AUX or Coaxial? Further to this, have you tried removing/reinserting the cable?

If anyone else is having similar issues, please feel free to join in the discussion. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

FreckledInVegas
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

with all of these kind regards one would hope that you had read my original post where I share with you the information that I have made sure all cables were connected even disconnected them to "reset" etc.  The fact of the matter is the sound bar will connect via bluetooth but no longer communicates with my TV and it's connected with the fancy chord that was provided with the soundbar when I bought it last year. Yes, my TV settings are correct, nothing was changed. All I did was connect my cell phone and ever since I cannot get sound from my TV to go thru my sound bar. And being that there is no "menu" for rhe soundbar, I cannot determine why it is not communicating with my TV.  

So now I've not been able to use my TV for 2 nights now because you keep asking me if I have done all of the things I outlined in my very first email. 

With kindest regards,

jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I think the question asked was "how is your soundbar connected" not "is your soundbar connected?"  Did you connect with the fancy optical cable or the fancy HDMI cable?  Probably what you have done is switch your soundbar from HDMI (or optical) in to bluetooth in.  Use your remote to switch back to HDMI (or optical) in.  And yes, it's possible your TV switched back to internal speakers.  You should check that it is correctly set to digital out (HDMI/optical).

Hi FreckledInVegas.

Thanks for your reply,

I can appreciate your frustration that your soundbar is not working. Your original post made no reference to how you had the soundbar connected to the television, which would certainly help us in looking for a solution. 

It sounds as if you selected the Bluetooth source on your Bose remote control and have not selected TV after your listening. I would recommend trying this. 

Let me know if this has helped your situation. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

FreckledInVegas
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Yes, I selected TV after. I'll just call Bose at some point next week when I am off and have time to be in front of my TV. This is becoming a nuisance. 

Hi FreckledinVegas, 

Thanks for coming back to me! 

I can understand how frustrating this must be for you and I hope the team can assist you! 

If you need anything else, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O